Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
Brief description of the job:
This position is within the People Operations team. The primary work entails providing operations support and expertise to the HR Business Partners and employees. You'll work on a variety of processes and systems, supporting all HR teams. This role will report to the Director, Global HR Operations and will provide an incredible opportunity to gain experience and visibility to the full range of HR work at Fitbit.
You’ll be a key partner in delivering client-focused solutions to our People team, balancing consistency with agility and constantly seeking out opportunities for continuous improvement.
What You’ll Work On:
Support the People Team in the delivery of core HR processes
- Support HR Business Partners in the delivery of Fitbit’s annual talent practices, and other key HR strategic projects for designated client groups by preparing, contributing and delivering client-ready materials
- Analyze, synthesize and present HR data and reports back to the HR Business Partner, collaborating to address any issues in worker data executing relevant changes or updates as needed
- Keep a strong pulse on employee engagement through your support of critical employee relations work (i.e. exit interviews, PIPs); provide analysis to gather insights and determine trends
- Develop high-performing partnerships across all key partner teams (all HR disciplines, Legal, Finance) to effectively manage issues/escalations, mitigate risk and achieve resolution
- Administer the development and implementation of policies and procedures; you will also be responsible to maintain our US employee handbook.
- Develop and maintain our affirmative action program; ensures compliance with applicable labor laws or regulations by completing federal, state, and city reporting requirements (i.e. EEO-1, VETS-4212)
Serve as the liaison for global mobility related activities and initiatives including short-term assignments, taxation, domestic & international transfers and relocations.
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders (i.e. business partners, business leader, payroll, legal, tax) to provide consulting on relocation, immigration, and tax matters;
- Coordinate immigration requirements with external immigration counsel, such as work permits, permanent residency and business travel visas within the region;
- Provide periodic reports & case status updates, to stakeholders and employees;
- Identify internal business needs and recommend best practices, solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative global mobility solutions;
- Partner with international colleagues to improve and implement the global mobility program, working in close collaboration with cross-functional teams representing Finance/Accounting, Legal, Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partner; and
- Be aware of, communicate and cascade any immigration alerts, policy/regulatory changes, and development as necessary
Qualifications and Skills:
The ideal candidate has an amazing work ethic, knows that follow-through is everything, has great attention to detail, and always takes ownership.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; HR certification is a plus
- 5+ experience in an HR or Operational environment handling coordination, project tasks, and direct customer/employee questions
- Understanding of federal and state labor laws
- Experience with USCIS and immigration policy
- Solid understanding and experience with HR systems and processes
- Strong analytics skills required, preferably with Excel, Google Sheets; experience with HR data and reporting preferred
- Experience with handling highly sensitive/confidential company and employee matters is required
- An excellent sense of judgement, ability to be “in the weeds” without losing sight of larger goals/initiatives, and a great attitude are necessary
- Superb problem-solving, including the ability to proactively identify issues and root causes to drive appropriate resolution in a timely manner
- Exceptional written and oral skills, along with finely tuned interpersonal skills. You must be able to demonstrate empathy toward employees and serve as their trusted resource.
- Robust organization skills with the ability to prioritize and plan work activities in an accurate, quality and time efficient manner
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Office and Experience Coordinator
Culture Amp, London
Strategic Search Recruiter
Qualtrics, Provo, UT
Senior Software Engineer, Mobile, Placed
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Flexport, Amsterdam, NL
Global Talent Acquisition Director
Associate Sales Recruiter (Austin)