Senior iOS Engineer, Fitbit Health Solutions
Fitbit, US - Boston
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The Fitbit Health Solutions team is committed to empowering individuals to take control of their health and equipping health coaches and other healthcare providers with tools that optimize collaboration and care.
WE are a passionate team building out the tools to improve health outcomes across our rapidly growing user base. We strive to continually improve our code and our process, ensuring that we can deliver the best feature set to users in the minimal amount of time. We believe that we can change lives with the work we do.
YOU are a talented Senior iOS Engineer focused on shipping the best quality software. You value autonomy, ownership, and collaborative, fast-moving environments. You enjoy analyzing problems and architecting solutions, and believe that every interaction the customer has should be compelling and first rate. You write clear and concise code using modern tools and frameworks.
As a Senior iOS Engineer, you will understand the needs of our users and work closely with a cross-functional team to craft simple and high quality interfaces and interactions.
Our iOS app is the window to the Fitbit platform. Check it out at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fitbit/id462638897
What You’ll Work On:
- Engineering delivery of Fitbit digital health experiences to millions of users with Swift and Cocoa Touch, and related mobile and web stack tools and technologies
- Work closely with product owners, designers, marketers, and other engineers
- Collaborative ownership of key mobile experiences
- Participate in all aspects of product development from feature definition and estimation, to architecture, implementation, testing, deployment, measurement, and refinement
- Expand our existing set of automated tests and work with test engineers to deliver high end-to-end product quality
- Grow and develop your career in a community of iOS engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent skill
- Strong iOS engineering skills using Swift and Cocoa Touch, with JSON-based RESTful APIs
- 3+ years of experience building consumer-facing mobile apps for iOS
- Strong design sense, with an ability to implement user interface designs precisely and consistently across devices
- Experience in user-centered design methods, exploration, storytelling, and detailed interaction design
- Testing and deploying software with robust credentialing and access controls
- Experience working with large business customers, especially in the healthcare space
- A track record of leading projects with a group of your peers
- Experience with WebSockets
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Choose your technology. Mac or PC
- Full-time, flexible work schedule
- Ability to grow professionally in a global team
- Comfortable office, fruits and snacks
- Free Fitbit products
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Unreal Engine 4
Magic Leap, Inc., Seattle, WA, Sunnyvale, CA, Plantation, FL (HQ)