Lead Audio Hardware Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Lead Audio Hardware Engineer
You will oversee audio hardware at Fitbit, collaborating with our electrical engineering, mechanical, and firmware systems teams, as well as third party suppliers of components such as codecs, amps, microphones, and speakers. As the domain expert you’ll be fluent in evaluating these components and driving suppliers to meet the performance targets you set. As an influencer of product features, you’ll also work closely with product marketing and product management. And you’ll oversee Fitbit’s audio test lab in downtown San Francisco, complete with industry-leading tools to characterize our products and components.
- Design and deliver audio features in Fitbit wearable products
- Specify, evaluate, and design-in audio components (codecs, amplifiers, microphones, speakers)
- Drive supplier roadmaps for audio components to intersect Fitbit product goals.
- Collaborate with leads from other disciplines to realize best in class products.
- Generate proof of concepts that enable product development.
- Direct ODMs and component partners to simulate, develop prototypes, and test audio subsystems.
- Collaborate with ID and PD teams on acoustics design of microphone and speaker integrations.
- Familiar with audio algorithms including echo canceler, noise suppressor, compressor, equalization filter, and gain blocks.
- Fluent in audio specs and best practices for engineering test and manufacturing test.
- Comfortable in both the electrical and acoustic domains, and able to collaborate closely with our DSP and digital signal-chain specialists.
- Direct experience performing objective electronic and acoustic measurements of audio products using SoundCheck and/or Audio Precision
- Strong experience designing and shipping high volume consumer audio products
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Box, New York, NY
Staff DevOps Engineer
Moda Operandi, Chicago / Headquarters NYC
Hardware Reliability Engineer, Bikes & Scooters
Lyft, San Francisco
Software Engineer - iOS
Nextdoor, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Optimizely, San Francisco CA, US