Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What you’ll work on:
Fitbit's design organization is dedicated to envisioning and crafting products and experiences that are the most intelligent, beautiful and engaging way for people to succeed in their health and fitness journeys. We are reinventing the way we engage with our users across device and software experiences.
As a Senior UX Researcher, you will play a critical role in defining our core experiences, including essential health and wellness features. You will work closely with product management and design teams throughout the product development process and be involved with all phases of research, from generative research to usability.
- Act in a consultative and advisory role to various levels and functions within the design and product teams to identify research topics and plan research initiatives for both generative and evaluative purposes
- Manage projects end to end: develop scripts and screeners, moderate, analyze, synthesize and deliver results
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways; tailor research findings to suit the audience, varying levels of detail and complexity as appropriate/required
- Package insights into design tools and assets for product managers and designers to leverage (personas, design principles, scenarios, etc., as appropriate)
- Support project team members in transforming research findings and insights into innovative design solutions, often through multiple design cycles.
- 5+ years of experience in applied product research for consumer-focused mobile products
- Experience conducting research in a related domain (health, wellness, behavior change, etc.) is preferred
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Command of a broad set of qualitative and user-centered design methods
- Basic understanding of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts
- Excellent communication skills, with strong ability to synthesize and communicate ideas visually, verbally, and in writing
- Experience creating research deliverables (frameworks, video deliverables, infographics, etc.)
Nice to haves:
- MA/MS in HCI, Psychology, Social Science or a related field
- Workshop planning and facilitation experience
- International research experience
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Class Pass, Netherlands
Research, New Ph.D. Grad/Post Doctorate
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Junior Marketing Designer
Lightspeed, Amsterdam, NL
Senior Frontend Engineer
Mercari, Palo Alto, CA
Agile Project Manager
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, Ca or Raleigh, NC
Data Operations Support Analyst
JUMO, Cape Town, South Africa