Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit is seeking an attorney with at least 4+ years of relevant experience to provide legal advice and counsel on mergers and acquisitions and U.S. securities and corporate law matters. The successful candidate will engage effectively with internal clients including Corporate Development, Investor Relations, Finance, HR and Corporate Communications. The candidate must be a confident self-starter who is able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities. The candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced and high-energy environment. The candidate must possess sound judgment, be an analytical and creative thinker, have exceptional oral and written communication skills and be comfortable and persuasive presenting findings and analysis of complex issues to members of Fitbit’s senior management. The position will report to the Director, Lead Corporate Counsel.
- Front-line responsibility for the Legal department’s role in the preparation of the company’s ’34 Act filings and proxy statements for annual meetings.
- Support in connection with corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, entity management, and other matters.
- Manage all legal aspects of M&A transactions, including preparation of term sheets and deal structuring, conducting and managing the legal due diligence process, drafting and negotiating transaction documentation, coordinating closings and managing outside counsel.
- Drive continuous improvements in policies and processes, including establishment of standard practices and documentation templates.
- Assist where needed in other aspects of the corporate legal services group.
- 4+ years practicing as an attorney with a national law firm or public company legal department.
- Experience reviewing and assisting in the preparation of public company ’34 Act filings, including annual reports on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, current reports on Form 8-K and Section 16 filings.
- Experience drafting public company proxy statements for annual meetings of shareholders, including compensation tables and compensation discussion & analysis.
- Experience advising on Investor Relations and Corporate Communications matters, including earnings releases, press releases, and management presentations to investors and securities professionals.
- Experience working on merger and acquisition transactions.
- Bonus points for advising on executive compensation arrangements and equity plans.
- Hard working, well organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously under deadline pressure while focusing on providing outstanding and timely client service.
- Strong academic credentials and a JD from a top law school.
- California State Bar member (or another US jurisdiction).
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Blend, Los Angeles
Accounts Payable Supervisor
The Trade Desk, Ventura, CA
Senior Manager Finance, Customer Success
Yext, Washington, D.C.
Clover Health, Nashville, TN or Remote
Associate, Production Finance - International Originals, Nordics
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Controller, Financial Reporting
Getaround, San Francisco, CA