Senior Data Scientist
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. As part of the Data Platform team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and above all have fun doing it.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
The Data Science & Analytics team’s mission is to inform intelligent product development through experimentation, inference and modeling. We are first and foremost accountable to our users whose experience we observe and measure holistically and with rigor. In doing so, we are not just building tools and practices for ourselves, we are also setting a high bar for the entire organization.
As a member of this team, you will:
- Work closely with Product, Design, Marketing and Engineering
- Build user models which classify and predict user intent and engagement
- Explore broad swaths of exercise, health and activity data
- Analyze large-scale structured and unstructured data and find actionable insights
- Communicate results directly with senior management at Fitbit
- Design core metrics which align the many functional areas of the business
- Over 4 years of industry experience using data science on web scale data
- Expert in either Python or R
- Familiar with software engineering principles (code review, testing and monitoring)
- Proficient in either Big Query, Spark or another big data equivalent
- Working knowledge of machine learning and model evaluation
- Ability to lead initiatives spanning multiple teams and functions
- Ability to communicate results, outcomes and decisions effectively to a wide and varying audience
- Ability to navigate and understand production code (iOS, Android, Web)
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Support Team Lead
InfluxData, Oxford (Remote)
Senior Software Engineer
Yoyo Wallet, London
Agile Project Manager - Global Exchange (f/m/d)
Bitpanda, Vienna, Austria
Senior Software Engineer
The Trade Desk, Sydney, Australia
Gemini, New York, NY & Portland, OR
Senior Character Technical Artist
PlayStation, Santa Monica Studio