Director of Product Management, Software
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
Fitbit Summary & Culture
Fitbit, founded in 2007 by James Park and Eric Friedman is now over 1800 employees globally and is headquartered in San Francisco. Our mission is to make everyone in the world healthier through solutions that combine devices, community, and data resulting in great health outcomes for people on their health and fitness journey. Fitbit employees bring a mission-driven mindset as we continue to innovate across the broader health ecosystem.
Director Product Vision
We are looking for a Director of Product Management who will define and drive the interactive experience spanning the entire customer journey from out-of-box and throughout our customer lifecycle. We are reimagining the way people interact with devices and health to drive health outcomes. The role will help to define the software products, services and experiences that will impact the health, wellbeing and happiness of tens of millions of people around the world. This person will lead a team of 4-5 product managers, and defining consumer interactive features on mobile, web, trackers, watches and emerging product categories.
This is a hands-on and strategic role, which works closely with the business and software teams including Engineering, Design, Marketing, Business Development and Customer Success. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the product direction, managing execution of the product development cycles and ensuring the success of the products and services in the market.
The successful candidate will provide leadership, process improvement expertise, exemplary teamwork and proven business skills to lead in the research, product concept, design, development, testing and evaluation of industry leading health behavior change and culture change programs that meet and exceed client business objectives.
Our ideal candidate will bring a perfect blend of creative and analytical product leadership.
What You’ll Work On:
- Be the product leader for the interactive experiences spanning Fitbit’s consumer devices, app and web products.
- Evangelize the product roadmap and strategic priorities to senior executives, sales, customers, top prospects, and analysts.
- Be an expert in industry research and analysis, the competitive landscape and translate requirements into a well-defined strategy and product roadmap.
- Assess customer needs and market trends to synthesize product requirements; work with engineering and design to ensure that functionality is delivered on time and is of high quality.
- Work with Marketing and Business Development teams to help ensure that the product offerings meet revenue targets.
- Manage product-related field and customer feedback and ensure user engagement and customer satisfaction.
- Represent Fitbit at industry events and conferences.
Who you are:
- Ideally 10+ years Software product management experience with consumer-facing products
- Minimum of 2 years experience leading senior product talent; ideally 7+ years of progressive and global people management
- Experience with agile development and working with globally distributed teams
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Passionate about health, Fitbit products and creating connected communities
- Proven leadership capabilities including strategy development, effective decision making, and the ability to drive results
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills to translate and articulate complicated business problems into easily understood solutions and functional requirements
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a distributed team across Engineering, Design, Customer Success, Marketing and Business Development
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.