Contract UI Visual Designer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
Visual Designer - Devices
Expected contract duration: 6 months (potential for longer term)
What You’ll Work On:
Fitbit's design organization is dedicated to envisioning and crafting products and experiences that are the most intelligent, beautiful and engaging way for people to succeed in their health and fitness journeys. We are reinventing the way we engage with our users across device and software experiences.
As a Visual Designer at Fitbit, you will play a critical role in developing the visual language for our on device experiences that map and align with the Fitbit brand system. You will bring a critical eye to the design and have great attention to detail creating visuals that enhance the user experience.
This position requires a extensive visual design on devices and the ability to self lead. While you will work with a team, you will own specific on device experiences.
- Progress the direction of visual design at Fitbit
- Extend our visual design systems for devices
- Partner with product designer to design visually compelling and engaging experiences
Required Skills and Experience:
- Establish the look and feel for device applications
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
- Design user-centered interaction models, wireframes or screen mockups
- Create and organize production assets
- Create design specifications and documentation
- Support engineering teams to ensure a smooth handoff and faithful implementation
- A great eye and passion for visual design
- Expert in typography, color, composition, texture, and visual design
- Deeply knowledgeable of and proactive driving the latest trends in visual and interactive design.
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal, written, and experience engaging with stakeholders, executive leadership, customers, business analysts, and media representatives.
- Exceptional collaborator with product management, engineering, user research, content team and all facets of design to ensure a smooth product development process
- Incredible design skills and product sense
- 3+ years designing and delivering interactive experiences for devices
- Passion for Fitbit’s mission
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, m edical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Candidates must share a portfolio to be considered for this position.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.