Director, Product Specialist- Customer Support
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,700 employees, sold over 90mm devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Do you thrive at the intersection of Product and Customer Care? Do you enjoy deep engagement with hardware and software engineering teams combined with utilizing VOC insight to improve B2C customer support processes and CX? Does your adrenalin drive you to daily action while your brain plans for the long-term? If this is you, please keep reading.
Fitbit is looking for a Sr. Manager/Director for our global Product Specialist team in the Customer Support organization.
You will lead a team of hardware and software specialists. You will be responsible for shaping cross-functional relationships between Customer Support and partner teams, processes for escalating and prioritizing issues with senior executives, and coaching/mentoring high-performing individuals on the team. You will own the process and develop/maintain senior leadership relationships necessary for ensuring Customer Support needs are built into product / engineering requirements.
You will help shape core Customer Support processes, including troubleshooting strategies, and provide information feeds to support training, tools, customer-facing documentation, and support process development. You will have direct influence on products, policies, and processes that will affect millions of Fitbit’s customers around the world, as well as thousands of Customer Support advocates working in our global contact centers in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
- Ensure high-fidelity synthesis and communication of Customer Support data to firmware, hardware and software/subscription product teams.
- Lead a high-performance team of specialists that are recognized as the Customer Support experts in the overall health, quality, and roadmap of our device and subscription portfolios.
- Coach and mentor product specialists team members in ways that enhance individual and team productivity, retention, career development and professional growth.
- Define and improve team KPIs associated with monitoring, analyzing, and interpreting factors driving customer contacts related to product & subscription.
- Collaborate and support Customer Support peer leaders in optimizing operational processes, policies and procedures utilized by frontline advocates.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management to shape, support, and execute product roadmaps in ways that lead to low customer contact rates and efficient Customer Support operations.
- Guide pre- and post-launch product escalations, and define/shape efficient escalation process and patterns with cross-functional teams.
- Own definition of product trouble shooting processes and collaborate with other Customer Support and cross-functional teams to ensure efficient deployment.
- Deliver situational and recurring analysis and communication of emerging issues driving customer contact and/or churn to product teams and executive leadership.
- Utilize product feature knowledge to support Customer Support NPI readiness.
- Partner with the Fitbit Field Testing team to understand early customer feedback and define/maintain processes to ensure risks and/or functional deficiencies are mitigated.
- Represent Customer Support in key leadership meetings, including product development milestone transitions and build strong relationships with the PMO and Global Operations Strategy Deployment teams.
- 10 years of experience working in technical B2C customer support roles within an OEM organization, including experience working directly with product management and/or engineering teams.
- 5 years of direct people management experience, with a strong emphasis on individual and team development.
- Exceptional analytical and process-design skills.
- Previous experience in consumer electronics, especially wearables, is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to influence leadership with strategic guidance based on analysis and operating models.
- Temperament and emotional intelligence necessary to lead a team through rapid product and organization optimization, and to work efficiently in complex, cross-functional team prioritization negotiations.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver reporting and analysis, especially using Tableau, Salesforce, and Excel, independently leveraging data and analysis to influence product and operational decision-making.
- Proven experience working effectively in an agile Customer Support and Engineering environment. Very hands-on experience with agile tools (e.g., Jira) and ceremonies.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, including presentation, written and verbal.
- Be comfortable leading in a metrics / KPI-driven environment.
- High personal productivity and follow-up.
- Personal interest in wearable technology, connected fitness, digital health, and wellness.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree required, with emphasis in product management, operations, engineering/computer science or MBA preferred.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.