Senior Quality Manager
Fitbit, US - Salt Lake City
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
Sr. Quality Manager
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The Sr. Manager Quality will report to the Sr. Director Global Quality, and build a Quality methodology that will encompass engineering, manufacturing, operations, and supply chain. They will be responsible for creating a strategic approach to quality, while ensuring the attainment of immediate quality goals in the field and in the supply chain.
- Develop and drive Fitbit’s vision for delivering quality products embedding quality into our culture Leading initiatives relating to field quality projection, failure analysis, reliability, supplier quality management
- Foster high levels of organizational accountability across various functions
- Identify and Quantify Issues - Drive resolutions of issues that impact product quality
- Manage Supplier Quality including component suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Expertise in leading a critical aspect of quality management from development through NPI and manufacturing/sustaining.
- Experience in modern consumer electronics
- Experience working with contract manufacturers and suppliers to identify and resolve quality issues and claims
- At least 5 years leading quality teams, either directly or indirectly
- Uses data insights to drive higher levels of quality and organization efficiency
- Have a logical and “case study” mindset to be able to characterize issues in current state, and drive comprehensive solutions for these issues
- 10 years relevant quality experiences
- Experience in developing and implementing quality management systems
- Strong intra-team, cross functional collaboration and motivational skills
- Experience in CE hardware FA is a plus.
- Experience in medical/FDA certification is a plus
- Software and Firmware FA and QA experience a plus
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
22 Active Jobs
Minimalist makeup and skincare