Senior NPI Demand Planner
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
The NPI Demand Planner position has a wide range of responsibilities that are grounded in forecast accuracy + operational execution. This position works with the NPI Operations teams, Finance, Sourcing and Supply teams. They will be tasked with creating + maintaining a constrained financial forecast by working with key cross functional partners and concurrently the supply teams. The person will work closely with the NPI Operations group to develop and maintain ramp plans, identify risks, provide long range guidance on demand and make recommendations to senior leaders. The individual is also responsible for ensuring the Operations needs are represented and fulfilled during a monthly sell-in forecast of Fitbit’s global businesses by Product Family.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as the single point of contact for communicating operational issues and solutions to the sales + finance teams.
- Representing the interest of the Operations + Supply Chain teams during the NPI forecasting Process.
- Partner with a core team charged with creating + maintaining a rolling 2 year Tops Down forecast for the Fitbit Portfolio.
- Working with senior leaders and functional experts to understand shortages or delays where applicable, and calculate the ramifications of those impacts.
- Gathers and disseminates information to financial teams needed to make decisions and drive the business.
- Monitor, track and report on new product forecasts.
- Provide long range supply forecasts to Sourcing and Materials teams to guide Fitbit’s supply chain.
- Provide guidance to a monthly Inventory forecast with Finance partners.
- Analyze demand trends and seasonality curves in conjunction with upcoming marketing efforts.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and present them to senior management with recommendations and alternatives.
- Monitor and evaluate promotional impact data and make informed decisions on a forecasts as a result.
- Facilitate and guide business strategy discussions and vision brainstorming.
- Influence a monthly consensus forecast to align Marketing, Sales and Demand Planning forecasts.
- Strong communication skills are paramount. The candidate will be driving business decisions with team members up heads of business and must be able to tailor communication style accordingly.
- The candidate must have an operational background familiar with NPI product roadmaps and processes.
- The candidate must combine a working knowledge of world class supply chain practices, strong analytical capabilities, and business savvy.
- The candidate must have an extensive track record of forecast accuracy and the proven ability to drive strategy.
- Candidate should be comfortable presenting to executive management and functioning independently.
- Experience working with cross functional teams, such as sales and marketing, throughout the lifetime of a product.
- Additional requirements include the ability to both think strategically and execute tactically, a persistent attention to detail, and a high level of comfort in working with complex data.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in Demand Forecasting + Operations.
- Familiarity with Consumer Electronics Supply Chain and Product Lifecycle
- The successful candidate will have 5+ years of Operations experience. Prior experience in product planning, inventory management, or production / manufacturing operations is strongly preferred.
- The Candidate will be working with other smart, talented people who will not always agree. A person will be successful in the role if they are able to navigate this environment while simultaneously building a rapport with other teams.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.