HR Business Partner
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
Fitbit is seeking an energetic HRBP in the delivery of solutions for employees. The HRBP is a key business resource dedicated to providing on-site direction, production, guidance and coaching. We’re looking for an innovator; collaborative, business focused talent to join our team - not as a support function, but as a true partner to the business. This is a full-time role located in our San Francisco office
- Work with managers and leaders to navigate the performance management process
- Provide coaching on employee relations issues to drive positive outcomes
- Conduct investigations as required
- Manage the separation process as required
- Serve as an advisor on compensation related activities
- Serve as the first point of contact for the client group for a wide range of inquiries from managers and employees, including but not limited to: leaves of absence, requests for special accommodation, workers compensation claims, internal movement, etc.
- Lead or work as part of a team on a variety of projects from design through implementation
- Develop or work with the team developing communications related to HR activities for the engineering client group
- Implement defined projects around Talent Planning, Career Development planning, Leadership development, Diversity and HR initiatives like Employee Engagement Survey follow up.
- Work with the client group to successfully deploy year-end talent reviews, promotions and merit increase cycle.
- Work with HR and client group to provide metrics and reporting.
- Help Managers transact on employee changes
- Effectively partner with internal business partners and HR COE’s
- 7+ years in a HR Generalist/ 5+ years HR Business Partner role with a wide range of functional experience
- Experience conducting investigations and managing employee relations activities
- Problem solving capabilities with ability to apply judgment and make decisions
- Ability to process complex transactions
- Experience supporting or successfully rolling out HR projects and programs
- Focus on quality and commitment to customer service
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, while contributing to team initiatives
- Workday experience highly desired.
- Strong facilitation and project management skills
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective relationships across all levels of the organization and with diverse client groups.
- Experience working with organizations with progressive HR programs & practices and HRBP, HR Operations, compensation and L&D/OD teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - must be an articulate and persuasive communicator.
- Displays strong business acumen – sees the big picture and operates with perspective
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
What we will offer you:
- We’ll offer you a supportive, collaborate work environment, with colleagues who care about the success of their organization.
- We will treat you fairly, provide competitive compensation, on-going recognition, and most of all, a chance to learn, contribute and develop your skills
- We’ll provide you the chance to join an explosive industry, a successful and growing organization and an unmatched leadership team, passionate about their employees
- We offer you fun, enthusiasm, support, a passion for healthy living and never a dull moment….
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.