UX Design Manager, Devices
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Fitbit’s HQ is located in the heart of San Francisco and we have additional offices in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Dublin, Bucharest and in various other markets around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What You’ll Work On:
Fitbit's design organization is dedicated to envisioning and crafting products and experiences that are the most intelligent, beautiful and engaging way for people to succeed in their health and fitness journeys. We are reinventing the way we engage with our users across device and software experiences. We embrace user centered design to understand our customers, learn from their behaviors, and create experiences that have a meaningful impact on their lives. This is an opportunity to help shape the future of wearables, health, and services in a highly collaborative team.
As a UX Design Manager at Fitbit, you will be responsible for leading and inspiring a design team to create engaging experiences for our users across multiple platforms. You will be a thought leader for design at Fitbit and within the community, and drive innovation for our products alongside product, research and engineering leaders.
This position requires a proven track record of leading product design teams as well as working hands on to ship innovative digital consumer products from inception to launch. Our ideal leader will bring a strong foundation in design process and design strategy.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Deep experience in the field of product design and design leadership
- 8+ years designing and delivering interactive experiences across a range of platforms; track record of having delivered on complex design projects.
- 2+ years leading teams responsible for digital product design in the consumer technology industry
- Ability to work with business and engineering leaders to define and execute a strategy for our emerging service business unit
- Expertise in user-centered design methods
- Great communicator (verbal, written, and visual)
- Exceptional collaborator with product management, engineering, user research, content team and all facets of design to ensure a smooth product development process
- Externalize our design process to shape the way products are create within Fitbit and promote healthy cross functional collaboration
- Incredible design skills and product sense that inspire the teams you lead
- BA/BS or MA/MS in a relevant design field, or equivalent professional experience
- Passion for Fitbit’s mission
- Experience designing for a health and/or service company or wearable / connected devices
- Expertise working both in-house leading product design teams and a design strategy firm/consultancy
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
The social news and entertainment company.