Sr. Business Planner, eCommerce
Fitbit, US - San Diego
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Fitbit’s HQ is located in the heart of San Francisco and we have additional offices in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Dublin, Bucharest and in various other markets around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Brief description of the job:
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Business Planning & Forecasting. The Senior Business Planner will own the Fitbit.com forecast for North America, one of the fastest growing and most dynamic segments of our business. This is a high-impact role offering an opportunity to drive both immediate and long-term business decisions and influence leadership across both eCommerce and retail channels.
This role requires an individual with a passion for analytics and continuous operational process improvement. The successful candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and be motivated by a fast-paced environment where thinking big & diving deep are critical.
We are looking for a strong individual contributor with proven strategic and tactical experience in owning sophisticated forecasting and operational processes.
What You’ll Work On:
- Manage SKU-level weekly order & shipment forecasts for Fitbit.com and Fitbit.ca businesses
- Partner with Marketing, Sales and Retail Forecast Teams to quantify digital initiatives, company strategies and regional trends
- Conduct monthly forecast reviews that provide key insights to trends, risks and opportunities
- Perform ad hoc analyses including daily sales reads and NPI projections used to optimize sales
- Create analytical projects that drive KPI successes and improve forecast accuracy
- Refine forecasting procedures to optimize process efficiencies
- 5+ years of eCommerce experience in sales forecasting, business analysis, and/or digital marketing with a consumer-packaged goods company, preferably in electronics
- An affinity to “talking with numbers”; inherent aptitude to quantify and support conclusions with data
- Experience with statistical models and measurement techniques (Generalized linear models, Time series analysis a plus)
- Clear and concise communication with internal business partners at varying management levels
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency (Tableau, R, VBA Scripting, Python, SQL a plus)
- Experience with developing forecasting tools and enhancing reporting capabilities
- Master’s degree or related equivalent
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.