Customer Support Product Specialist - App Platform & SDK
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit is looking for an experienced Product Specialist to join our Customer Support team! As the Product Specialist supporting our App Platform and SDK, you will be the voice of the customer within the Fitbit teams working on our on-device app ecosystem. You will be responsible for connecting the people building Fitbit’s app platform and Software Developer Kit with the people who support both our users and our developers. You will manage relationships with your partner teams as a representative of Customer Support, including escalating and prioritizing issues and advocating on behalf of customers and developers. Within Customer Support, you will be a valuable resource for the development of training, tools, internal and user-facing content, and support processes. You will have direct influence on products, policies, and processes that will affect millions of Fitbit users around the world.
- Be a subject matter expert for a the Fitbit developer platform and SDK
- Work directly with product and partner teams to influence and support development of new and existing products, services, and experiences from the perspective of the customer
- Independently provide guidance to product owners, marketing teams, and executives regarding how customers will react and how the business will be impacted by the design of a given product or feature
- Work with Field Testing team to understand user feedback in order to anticipate customer questions and concerns
- Work with Customer Support, Community, and Social Support teams to triage and escalate customer-facing issues, develop communication plans for product launches, and influence product development based on feature requests from the user base
- Manage prioritization and resolution of customer-facing issues with cross-functional partner teams based on judgement and expertise, including filing detailed bug reports and identifying potential stakeholders across multiple partner teams
- Manage scheduled reporting of customer issue trends and insights to product teams and leadership, including analysis and guidance for decision-makers
- Maintain documentation of current and emerging issues for customer support agents, including handling process and proper troubleshooting, and communicate updates about the resolution of these issues to customer support agents via the proper channels
- Collaborate with the Customer Support Content and Training teams to develop internal resources and customer-facing messaging to support product launches, changes to the product, and emerging issues
- Direct the work of customer support agents around the world, both directly and remotely, including communication with agents, support staff, and supervisors
- Contribute to contact center staffing plans and forecasting
- Advocate within the larger Fitbit organization on behalf of both the customer and our support agents
- Some international travel required - up to 5% annually
- 2+ years of experience working in a technical customer support environment, including experience working directly with product and/or engineering teams
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with CRM software, especially Salesforce
- Previous experience building or supporting developer platforms, app ecosystems, or SDKs
- Familiarity with reporting and analysis, especially Tableau, Salesforce, and Excel
- Advanced knowledge of JIRA or equivalent project management software, especially Agile boards and creating/filtering tickets
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager - Paper Mobile
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Senior Product Manager, Hotel Shopping Experience
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Android Product Manager
Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA or Remote
Sales and Marketing Systems Analyst
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Senior Product Manager (Platforms)
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
Senior Product Manager - Strategic Partnerships (SEA)
Dropbox, Seattle, WA