Director of Product, Digital & Interactive
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
We are looking for a Director of Product Management, Digital & Interactive to define and drive the interactive experience spanning the entire customer journey from out-of-box and throughout our customer lifecycle. The role will help to define the products, services and experiences that will impact the health, wellbeing and happiness of tens of millions of people around the world. This person will be the central leader, managing a team of senior product managers, and defining consumer interactive features on our trackers, watches and emerging product categories.
This is a hands-on and strategic role, which works closely with the business and software teams including Engineering, Design, Marketing, Business Development and Customer Success. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the product direction, managing execution of the product development cycles and ensuring the success of the products and services in the market.
The successful candidate will provide leadership, process improvement expertise, exemplary teamwork and proven business skills to lead in the research, product concept, design, development, testing and evaluation of industry leading health behavior change and culture change programs that meet and exceed client business objectives.
What You’ll Work On:
- Be the product leader for the interactive experiences spanning Fitbit’s consumer devices, app and web products.
- Evangelize the product roadmap and strategic priorities to senior executives, sales, customers, top prospects, and analysts.
- Be an expert in industry research and analysis, the competitive landscape and translate requirements into a well-defined strategy and product roadmap.
- Assess customer needs and market trends to synthesize product requirements; work with engineering and design to ensure that functionality is delivered on time and is of high quality.
- Work with Marketing and Business Development teams to help ensure that the product offerings meet revenue targets.
- Manage product-related field and customer feedback and ensure user engagement and customer satisfaction.
- Represent Fitbit at industry events and conferences.
Who you are:
- Minimum 8-10+ years Software product management experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience with people management
- Experience with agile development
- Experience and comfort in working with globally distributed teams
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Passionate about Fitbit products and creating connected communities
- Proven leadership capabilities including strategy development, effective decision making, and the ability to drive results
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to translate and articulate complicated business problems into easily understood solutions and functional requirements
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a distributed team across Engineering, Design, Customer Success, Marketing and Business Development
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Product Support - ThoughtWorks Product
Associate Product Manager
Collective Health, San Francisco
Part Time Product Management Instructor
General Assembly, Los Angeles
iOS Software Engineer - Aftenposten
Product Manager, Cardlytics Direct
Cardlytics, Cardlytics Headquarters - Ponce City Market