EMEA Tax Manager
Fitbit, Ireland - Dublin
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the advantages of being public, offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and above all have fun doing it.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
About the role
Fitbit is growing at a rapid pace in EMEA and our recent launches of best in class Health and Fitness trackers have resulted in significant market share gains. As the industry expands and as new business spaces emerge our level of operational complexity is increasing.
We are looking for a tax manager to join our team in the EMEA HQ in Dublin. The candidate will have responsibility across direct taxes for EMEA, requiring daily contact with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with business functions to advise on tax aspects of the Group’s international activities.
- Serve as key contact for the finance team on tax matters and provide technical development and training on relevant tax issues.
- Assist in planning, structuring, transfer pricing and M&A Projects.
- Manage all aspects of tax compliance and tax reporting; including management of income tax filings, local GAAP tax accounting and tax audits.
- Manage monthly period and quarterly tax accounting and reporting process in accordance with US GAAP principles and US tax team requirements.
- Analyse changes in legislation and policy (Irish, EU, US) and the impact of those changes to the company.
- Provide appropriate support to the business around issues such as the structuring of legal contracts, employee taxes, employee movements, etc.
- Assess, document and automate tax processes, manage SOX compliance requirements and monitor the tax aspects of the roll out of a new CRM system.
- Manage day to day relationships, budget and service from external tax advisors.
- Assist the EMEA VAT Manager with indirect tax issues.
- Maintain strong communication with the Global Tax team in the San Francisco office.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as and when they arise.
Education & Experience
- Qualified Tax Professional (AITI/CTA).
- Strong grasp of international tax issues and experience of working with cross border transactions in industry, practice or both.
- Ability to partner with the business and explain technical concepts in a simple and comprehensive way to colleagues without a technical tax background.
- Ability to identify issues impacting the group’s tax obligations and seek solutions (e.g., systems and processes issues and continuous improvements).
- Knowledge of accounting concepts (US GAAP and IFRS) applicable within a multinational and hands-on experience with relevant accounting systems and tax software an advantage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Global Legal Coordinator - International Originals, Business & Legal Affairs
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Intercompany Accounting Specialist
Sr. Business Analyst (HRIS)
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Time Inc., Parsippany, NJ and New York, NY
Global Trust & Safety Functional Manager
Airbnb, Dublin, Portland, or Singapore
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA