Executive Assistant, CEO
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Reporting directly to the CEO & CTO, the Co-founders, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Co-Founders. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams, organizes and coordinates executive outreach and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working in a tech-focused environment that is mission-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual can exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple, shifting priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects from conception to completion, and must be able to handle confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative task for the CEO & CTO including: managing extremely active calendars, completing expenses reports;
- Plans, coordinates and ensures CEO & CTO’s schedules are followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway, win-win solutions for direct access to the CEO and CTO
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO & CTO, with Board members and external constituents on matters related to CEO & CTO’s programmatic initiatives
- Researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns related to the CEO and CTO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Provides smooth communication between the CEO & CTO and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO & CTO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a “barometer” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping them updated.
- Builds relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects, some of which may have an organizational impact
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the administrative liaison to Fitbit’s board of directors including scheduling and day of support
- Assist Board Members with travel arrangements and meal planning
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Board members
Senior Management Liaison
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings
- Responsible for planning and coordination of senior management staff meetings, off-sites and all company meetings
- Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans
- 8+ years’ experience:
- Minimum 2 years supporting a CEO in a public company
- 5 years of progressively increasing responsibility as an Executive Assistant with a solid track record providing support for SVP and higher
- Comfortable using both Mac and PCs; advanced understanding of Microsoft Suite, Google Apps, teleconferencing applications, expense management, HR and legal platforms
- Experience and interest in technology, digital health and fitness focused lifestyle
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant qualifications
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Talent Partner, APAC (6 Month Contract)
Airbnb, Singapore, Singapore
Thrillist, Group Nine Media - New York, NY
Director, Human Resources
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Talent Specialist - (Contract)
Casper, San Francisco
Peloton, NY HQ
Senior Technical Recruiter- Contract
Fitbit, US - San Francisco