Global Head of UX Design
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit is looking for an exceptionally sharp, talented, and experienced Head of Global UX Design who can drive the vision and implementation of our digital product experiences across device, mobile and web platforms. You'll lead a team of passionate design leaders and product designers to create the next generation of experiences that will guide our customers on their personal health journeys.
This role offers the opportunity to lead our design organization across numerous platforms, to create one beautiful, fluid customer experience. You will collaborate closely with leaders across Design, Product, Marketing, and Engineering.
What you'll work on:
- Establish a UX vision for all Fitbit product experiences and communicate the vision to stakeholders.
- Manage and develop a team of design managers and product designers in the execution of both roadmap and advanced concept initiatives.
- Evolve, strengthen, and evangelize a world-class design culture.
- Recruit, nurture and retain top-tier talent.
- Build strong working relationships with leaders across functions.
Who you are:
- 15+ years experience designing and delivering user-centered, consumer experiences across a range of platforms.
- 5+ years of management experience and demonstrated experience leading large design organizations (40+ people).
- You have a knack for leading, inspiring, and mentoring designers and design managers.
- You possess deep knowledge of user-centered design methods, experience working in design systems, and a highly refined visual design sensibility.
- You are a great communicator (verbal, written, and visual) who has the ability to influence and build consensus.
- You have experience collaborating with research teams (both UX and Market) to leverage findings for great design solutions.
- You promote design not only within Fitbit, but also across the broader professional and academic design community.
- BA/BS or MA/MS in a design field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Bonobos, New York, NY
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
Freelance Senior Graphic / Digital Designer
Material World, Brooklyn
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
User Operations Experience Lead
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
UX Designer (Account & Identity)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA