Health Program Manager
Fitbit, US - Boston
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit is searching for an Agile Program Manager with experience in the Health sector to support our Interactive Product Development teams.
Your role will be to improve Fitbit’s delivery of services and devices by launching and executing programs that follow Agile best practices. You will work with key stakeholders across the organization to help identify program requirements and priorities related to areas such as HIPAA compliance, FDA compliance, and health assessment. You will be a central conduit of information for program status, risks, mitigation plans, and so on in the context of our Agile planning and execution framework.
Program and community engagement
- Develop, maintain, and communicate program roadmaps and engagement processes
- Document program issue priorities and expected resolution
- Serve as an ambassador to other teams so that their stakeholders understand the value and business needs of your programs
- Represent and advocate for your programs in Fitbit’s scrum-of-scrums and planning processes
- Communicate relevant activity elsewhere in Fitbit back to your program teams
Task tracking, prioritization, and reporting
○ Work with Product Owners and Product Managers to understand industry standards like HIPAA and FDA compliance and capture related work in the team’s roadmap
- Work with program and engineering management to understand requirements, resource constraints and to allocate work efficiently
- Keep products and programs on schedule by facilitating communication across teams about dependencies on the critical path
- Track and prioritize requests from within and outside of the teams
- Provide feedback on program progress to other program managers
- Create efficient processes for reporting on and potentially escalating resource contention, technical dependencies, and other types of program risks
Leverage tools and process for program efficiency
- Make smart use of the tools and technology available at Fitbit to reduce manual labor and avoid issues being lost or delayed
- Improve processes over time
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years working in Agile software development as a program manager or scrum master
- Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques: e.g. release planning, scrum of scrums, continuous integration, continuous testing, automated testing
- Experience working with external teams, remote teams/team members, and managing vendor relationships and schedules
- Experience working in the health sector, including HIPAA and FDA compliance.
- Experience collaborating with partners in the health sector space.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to work with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Preferred Qualifications
- Willingness to learn new things and to look for innovative or non-standard solutions to problems
- Calm under pressure
- Have a technical background (i.e. you are not afraid to understand the detail behind issues)
- Experience with tools such as Atlassian Confluence and JIRA, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Smartsheet, etc.
- Certified Scrum Master and/or Certified Product Owner preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Director of Sound Design
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Twitch, Irvine, CA
Front End Software Engineer
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Sr. Software Engineer (Front End)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Frontend (University Grad)
Squarespace, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer - Microservices
Schoology, Austin, TX