Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit seeks an International Accountant to assist with our International Accounting function. This position is located at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA and will report to the Manager of Intercompany and Consolidations. Primary responsibilities for the International Accountant include month-end close activities and involvement in the monthly intercompany process. This position will work closely with other groups such as tax and treasury, as well as the local and foreign GL teams to provide support for Fitbit’s international subsidiaries.
What You’ll Work On:
- Prepare month-end journal entries and account reconciliations
- Liaise with international teams and other departments such as tax and treasury
- Oversee intercompany process of assigned subsidiaries to ensure transactions are recorded on both sides, invoices are issued and settled timely in accordance with intercompany agreements
- Ensure integrity of the international financials at both the subsidiary and consolidated levels and compliance in both the local currency and US GAAP books
- Assist in reviewing material fluxes in monthly financial line items at month-end
- Assist with coordination of the quarterly and year-end audits
- Assist the corporate and foreign accounting teams with monthly global financial consolidations
- Prepare cash flow forecasting for certain subsidiaries
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years accounting experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail and a desire for regular process improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including a desire to work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- SAP system experience a plus
- Previous intercompany accounting experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.