Localization Program Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
This role is responsible for the translation and cultural adaptation of everything Fitbit’s Marketing Team creates, from innovative campaigns to press releases that appear in the biggest media outlets in the world. This role is not just about translation; it is about providing our consumers with an experience that feels local.
As a member of Fitbit’s Marketing Team, this role will help shape Fitbit’s future in all major regions around the globe - we are in over 75 countries worldwide! The Localization Program Manager will lead, implement and oversee the programs and processes that enable Fitbit to have a clear and consistent brand voice in every country in which we operate. Think you’ve found your fit?
- Own and manage our localization process for key global marketing assets to ensure the success of our worldwide product launches and brand campaigns
- Analyze the localization workflow to identify issues and provide optimal solutions that decrease cost and time-to-market for global content
- Work with key stakeholders to understand requirements, priorities and an optimized path for translation and localization work
- Work with vendors to ensure all assignments are understood, timelines are followed, and deliveries completed correctly and on time
- Engage and build relationship with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure localization requirements are implemented and localization process is well understood
- Oversee and manage the global localization budget
- Liaise with the counterpart for the Product and Engineering team to optimize and ensure consistency of localization for firmware and software
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Language Studies, International Studies, or Localization
- 3-4 years of prior localization project management experience, ideally on the client side
- Strong project management and problem solving skills with a proven ability to strengthen and define processes
- Experience working with translation and glossary management tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with multiple cross functional teams
- Ability to stay focused under pressure to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding follow-through, self-starting attitude, and time management
- Ability to work off-hours as needed to meet with LATAM, APAC and EMEA teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Yotpo, Tel Aviv-Yafo
Associate Manager, Consumer Marketing
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Awards & Events Manager, Visual Communications - Originals Publicity
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Jr. Content Manager
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo
Retail Marketing Manager, Latin America
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Content Marketing Manager
Time Inc., London