Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What will you do?
- Envision, develop, and manage the systems that enable Fitbit’s data scientists to focus more on algorithms and less on engineering
- Take prototypes in R, Python, Scala, etc. and convert them into scalable and extensible models in production
- Build flexible pipelines that meet the demands of our growing user base
- Coordinate with data scientists and research scientists to foster collaboration and reproducibility
- Deep understanding of machine learning algorithms and data structures
- Production-level knowledge of OOP languages like Java and Scala, as well as scripting languages, like Python, R and SQL
- Operational experience with technologies like Spark, Hive, Kafka, and Cassandra in an AWS environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to drive cross-functional projects to completion
- Self-starter with ability to take vague requirements and coalesce them into a fully featured product
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Quartzy, Quartzy HQ
Director of Quality Engineering
Zuora, San Mateo, CA
Sales Engineer, Zuora RevPro
Zuora, San Mateo, CA
Contract Sr. Software Engineer (Front End)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Business Intelligence Engineer
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Software Engineer - Features
Fitbit, US - Boston