Manager / Sr. Manager, Corporate Development
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
As a key team member on Fitbit’s Corporate Development team, you will report into the Sr. Director, Corporate Development and will have the opportunity to participate in the full lifecycle of development and execution of our inorganic growth / M&A strategy including participating in M&A strategy development, and evaluation and execution of potential transactions including acquisitions, equity investments, and possible joint ventures. You will have the opportunity to work with leaders and other stakeholders across the Company, and will also coordinate cross-functional teams throughout the deal process.
What You’ll Work On:
- Driving day-to-day management of the acquisition process from negotiation and due diligence through integration
- Partnering with business teams on strategy development including identifying and prioritizing strategic gaps, evaluating build/buy/partner options and collaborating on target selection criteria and recommendations
- Presenting strategic recommendations including acquisition business cases and valuation analyses to senior management
- Leading cross-functional teams in developing acquisition business case analyses and executing and integrating transactions (e.g. Legal, Finance, HR, Marketing)
- Developing key relationships with external parties (e.g. investment bankers and strategically relevant companies) to bring knowledge of market trends and companies to bear on strategic discussions
- Evaluating and executing other strategic initiatives such as joint ventures divestitures, licensing and partnership activities
- 4-8 years total work experience including a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in corporate development, consulting, market analysis, business development or investment banking
- Prior experience in health technology, digital health or healthcare ecosystem
- Strong Excel modeling and Powerpoint skills
- Superior skills in strategic and financial analysis as well as strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams
- Direct experience in M&A negotiation, execution and integration preferred
- MBA from a top tier school
- Strong understanding of wearable device technology and consumer and enterprise software
- Prior experience working at a medium to large size Technology company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Director of Channels
Tradeshift, London, United Kingdom
(Senior) Innovation Manager – Venture Development (m/f)
Interbrand, New York, NY
Freelance Verbal Consultant- Cincinnati
Interbrand, Cincinnati, OH
Senior Manager, Demand Operations
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA