Mechanical Engineering Manager
Fitbit, Taiwan - Remote
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
What you'll do:
You will manage and grow a team of engineers based in Taipei who will work in close collaboration with our engineering team based in San Francisco. You will empower them to design and develop the mechanical components of Fitbit products to ensure mechanical robustness, function, manufacturability, time to market, and cost goals are met. In this strongly technical leadership position, you will have the opportunity to shape product definition and technology direction. You will work across the organization to solve cross-functional problems and deliver high quality products. Your team will be responsible for executing mechanical engineering product development throughout the entire product life cycle, and you are responsible for ensuring that they are set up for success. You will have the opportunity to make an impact on the products we develop while building a best in class engineering organization.
What You’ll Work On:
- Manage a team of design/process engineers and project coordinators based in Taipei.
- Grow the team in order to meet the needs of our expanding product line.
- Ensure the success and development of individuals on the project team by defining clear expectations, providing timely and specific feedback, and holding others accountable.
- Work with our program management teams to identify and prevent resource constraints before they happen.
- Identify and coordinate training and professional development for your team.
- Provide technical oversight over all of the work done by your team.
- Promote innovation and technology projects out of Asia.
- Improve and maintain our relationships with ODM/JDM/EMS partners in region.
- Contribute to the evolution of the Fitbit design process.
Who you are:
- BS in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, related discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience leading or managing teams of 5 or more engineers.
- 8+ years experience working in close collaboration with a US or European based company.
- 8+ years of designing consumer oriented products using a broad range of processes and materials, with an emphasis on highly cosmetic plastic/elastomer molding and metal parts (sheet metal, CNC, MIM, etc.).
- 8+ years of experience working with Asian suppliers and ODM/CM/JDM partners, specifically designing and ramping high volume parts and assemblies.
- Experience with the development and integration of electro-mechanical components, such as display assemblies, batteries, and antenna.
- Experience in the areas of: Tolerance Analysis, Statistical Analysis, Design of Experiments, FEA, Thermal Design, DFA, etc.
- Highly proficient in 3D MCAD. Creo preferred.
- An ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals, contribute positively to the engineering community, and influence decision makers across the organization.
- Creative ideas for establishing and maintaining a nurturing environment for professional development.
- Highly motivated to teach, learn, and contribute.
- Domestic and international travel up to 25%.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Enterprise Web Applications
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Senior Software Engineer - PlayStation Social
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Video Transcoding Engineering Internship - Summer 2018
Vimeo, New York, NY
Software Engineer: Web & Mobile (Los Angeles, CA)
Oscar, Los Angeles, CA
Data Warehouse Developer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
DevOps Engineer, Developer Tools
Palantir Technologies, Seattle, WA