Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
We are building a world-class research team of hacker-scientist-types to dream up, prototype, and ship products. Research at Fitbit spans a big set of problems from hardware development to embedded signal processing algorithms to data mining, all with a twist of experimentation. We work in a dynamic and collaborative environment where the goal is to learn things quickly, iterate fast, and make awesome products.
You will push the boundaries of what can be measured or extracted from measurements using wearable and mobile sensors. You will have large responsibilities in generating or taking ideas and growing them into a final product. You will help prototype new hardware, perform analysis to determine what is interesting and useful in sensor data, design experiments to collect that data, and design extremely robust but lightweight algorithms that will run on mobile hardware. You will do a lot of experiments, often involving hardware and humans. You will work with a diverse group of technical experts in the research team to figure out hard problems and, ultimately, help ship products with the other engineering teams at Fitbit.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Applied Physics, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of work experience preferred
- Motivated, independent, efficient and able to handle several projects
- Friendly, articulate, and interested in working in a fun, small team environment
Research expertise in at least several of the following:
- Experience with programming and scientific computation (Matlab, Python, and/or other C/C++ languages). Numerical programming on embedded targets a big plus.
- Familiarity with prototyping devices and algorithms.
- Biosensor signal processing and sensor fusion. For example, extracting or reconstructing weak signals from noise in systems such as EEG, ECG, PPG, BIA, ballistocardiography, bio-acoustics, or medical imaging
- Hardware and sensor design. For example, prototyping new sensors and development platforms to find novel and interesting pieces of information for our users
- Time-domain and frequency domain discrete-time signal processing algorithms
- Parameter estimation and tracking algorithms such as HMM, Kalman Filter, etc.
- Knowledge of human physiology and bioelectric or optical sensing techniques.
- Experience with experimental design and human data collection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Ad Operations Specialist
Moat, New York
Measurement Science Manager
Pinterest, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer - Analytics and Measurement
TripAdvisor, El Segundo, CA
Technical Analyst - HR Applications
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Data Scientist, Machine Learning and AI (Brooklyn, NY)
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Senior Supply Chain Analyst
BuzzFeed, New York