Research Scientist Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
We are building a world-class research team of hacker-scientist-types to dream up, prototype, and ship products. Research at Fitbit spans a big set of problems from hardware development to embedded signal processing algorithms to data mining, all with a twist of experimentation. We work in a dynamic and collaborative environment where the goal is to learn things quickly, iterate fast, and make awesome products.
You will lead a team of research scientists to push the boundaries of what can be measured or inferred using wearable devices and mobile sensors. Your work will focus on new and improved physiological sensors and you will help prototype new hardware, design experiments to collect new sensor data, and design robust and lightweight algorithms that run on mobile hardware. You will do a lot of experiments, often involving hardware and humans. You will provide mentorship and oversight to a team of research scientists and work with a diverse group of technical experts in the research department to help ship products with the other engineering teams at Fitbit.
- PhD. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Physics, or a related field
- 3 or more years’ experience as a research manager in consumer electronics or medical devices with expertise in one or more of the following:
- Signal processing and machine learning
- Analysis of physiological signals like ECG, PPG, etc
- Hardware and sensor design
- Mastery of programming and scientific computation (Matlab, Python and C/C++)
- Embedded programming in computation-constrained and power-constrained mobile platform (e.g., ARM)
- Numerical programming a plus
- History of strong technical mentorship, management, and leadership experience
- Proven experience growing and hiring a team
- Adept at prototyping devices, algorithms, and validation through experiments involving humans
- Motivated, independent, efficient and able to handle several projects
- Friendly, articulate, and interested in working in a fun, small team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Growth Analyst, ASO
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Program Manager - Research and Innovation
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Senior Data Scientist - Algorithm Experimentation
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Domain Expert, Copyeditor- Arabic
Dataminr, Dublin, Ireland
Data Analyst Intern (Summer 2018)
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Quality Assurance Analyst