Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Mechanical
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The Senior Manufacturing/Production Engineer will develop and improve manufacturing processes and product quality by studying product and manufacturing methods. This Engineer will bring new HW designs to market.
What you'll work on:
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Support the product from concept to product launch by providing production support with respect to qualifying fixtures, SOP, and failure analysis.
- Champions DFx activities for new HW programs - Provide early DFM to Design team and ensure new products are mechanically manufacturable.
- Observes and quantifies field related issues with product, implementing changes to product and process which correct issue. Monitors corrective results.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes, implementing and initiating change control processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Provides direction, guidance and resources to other engineering groups and project leaders as well as factory technicians. Act as lead engineer on a variety of projects and participates in the project planning of major sub-projects.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests. Presents information to cross functional team when required.
- Maintains and improves product and processes quality by writing process control, contributing DFx for new design and monitoring product yields in production, initiating controls where necessary.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Requires International travel to supplier sites.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding production staff.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Who you are:
- Experience with mechanical fabricated parts, or adhesives, glues, jigs, fixtures, tooling, injection molding, plastics experience is required.
- Prefer a solid understanding of DOE, GD&T, SPC techniques.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on mechanical ability. Experience with highly cosmetic parts a plus.
- Understanding of MIM, Plastics and metals finishing and processes - Surface Finishing - blasting, tumbling, polishing, lapping, anodizing, Plating, Wet coat, Plating, pad printing, Silk screening, PVD. CNC process- Machining, lathing, grinding.
- Should be able to understand/create tolerance stack ups for assemblies and part level.
- ProE or Solidworks or any CAD experience a plus.
- JMP, Minitab & Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Basic understanding of adhesives, glue, PSA’s and VHB’s a plus.
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Video Engineer
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Associate Software Development Engineer in Test
Peloton, NY HQ
Sr. Technical Program Manager (Release Management)
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Sr. Software Engineer in Test- Partner Devices
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Dots, New York
Co-op, Software Engineering Intern
XO Group, New York