Senior Packaging Engineer - Taiwan
Fitbit, Taiwan - Remote
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
Description of the job:
- Provide support in region for packaging innovation as first packaging engineer in region
- Work with Packaging Commodity Manager to identify cost savings opportunities and lead implementation.
- Support on mass production packaging quality issues.
- Responsible for testing of packaging, including ISTA testing.
- Provide on-site launch support at suppliers to validate packaging meets program requirements. Monitor supplier conformance. Provide rapid response to issues as they arise.
- Effectively collaborate with other functions within the company to ensure the successful release of a stream of high quality packages to the marketplace.
The successful candidate will be a results oriented self-starter. You will combine an organized technical approach with creative thinking and will deliver novel solutions that delight our customers. You realize that a great out of box experience is the required first step in our customer’s satisfaction. You are familiar with all manufacturing processes involved in producing our packaging, and you have worked directly with suppliers in troubleshooting tools and processes. You want to work in an exciting, fast paced environment where the impact of your work in immediately evident in our shipping products.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of packaging experience working in close collaboration with a US or European based company
- 3+ years of experience working with Asian suppliers and supply chains, specifically designing and ramping high volume packaging
- Theoretical and technical expertise of packaging materials – paper based (flexible, paperboard and corrugated) and otherwise (thermoform trays, plastic injected carriers).
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with packaging qualification testing, including ISTA and TAPPI protocols
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to set own priorities and to work independently and effectively in a team environment.
- BS degree in technical field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Infrastructure and Tools Software Engineering Manager
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
Web Developer | FanSided
Time Inc., Scottsdale, AZ
Associate Front End Developer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Data Engineer - Bizrate Insights
Time Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Software Engineer (Risk)
Postmates, San Francisco
IT Infrastructure Engineer