Senior Software Engineer
Fitbit, Belarus - Minsk
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
You'll help connect Fitbit to the world. We're hiring back-end focused engineers to help us continue to scale the fitbit.com platform to ever-growing numbers of users, to connect with partners and to create new systems to help our customers manage their health and fitness, as well as our rapidly growing business.
If you’re interested in helping build 50 million users payment platform powering one of the most exciting brands in wearable tech this is the job for you. Fitbit is constantly expanding it’s global presence and that presents us with unique scaling and performance problems and we’re growing the team to help solve them.
What You’ll Work On:
- You’ll help grow Fitbit’s international footprint, serving countries around the globe
- You’ll transform our existing application into a platform running in the cloud across multiple data centers
- You’ll work with a high load platform with thousands of purchase transactions per day
- You’ll help our application scale and be able to handle
- You’ll constantly improve our automated test suite at all levels
- You’ll work with Java 8, Spring, Kafka, MySQL and much more
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and software engineers to ensure deliverables are completed on time
- Explore new technologies/industry trends and technical innovation
- Create Proof-of-Concepts using new technologies
- Identify new technologies that improve product development and the user experience
- You’ll see how you contribute in terms of company’s revenue
Who you are:
- Strong CS fundamentals (data structures, collections internals, algorithms, computational complexity in big-O notation, etc.)
- Experience with Java server technology
- Knowledge of Spring and Hibernate frameworks
- Database design and optimization in MySQL, Redis, or Cassandra
- Interest or experience with other open source technologies
Perks & Benefits:
- Work on Products that are core to Fitbit ecosystem and helping improve people’s lives
- Opportunity to learn from world-class professionals from Fitbit offices across the world
- Freedom to develop and deploy efficient, scalable and accessible solutions with a high degree of autonomy
- Transparent and consistent feedback to help you advance your career
- Competitive salary and annual bonus (based on your individual performance goals)
- Top-tier Macbook
- Medical Insurance: Health and Dental
- Free Fitbit devices for you, devices for friends & family with discount
- 26 days vacation + 5 personal days + 1 paid day off on your birthday
- English classes
- Fully-stocked kitchen
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Backend
Betterment, Betterment HQ - New York City
Senior Software Engineer, Web Applications
Snap Inc., New York, NY
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Software Engineer, Dealer Products
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Battery Engineer, Mechanical Design
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Senior Android Engineer
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA / Remote friendly (US + Canada)