Senior Software Engineer - Developer Productivity team
Fitbit, Belarus - Minsk
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
We are seeking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Developer Productivity team.
The team is focused on designing a platform that improving the development process for all the engineers across the Fitbit. In your day-to-day work you will work on developing internal tools for hundreds of developers and communicate with lead engineers across our offices in San Francisco, Boston and Minsk.
You will be the part of the Team, that is enabling our move to service-oriented architecture while increasing developers’ productivity.
Our application stack is based mostly on Java, however most of our operations automation is developed in Python. The major components we use daily are Linux, Tomcat, Ansible, Puppet, Cassandra, Kafka, MySQL, Jenkins. Nowadays we’re moving to SOA and using Mesos, Aurora, Docker and building next generation development environment for supporting this move.
What You’ll Work On:
As a member of the Fitbit Developer Productivity team you get to play a few different roles:
- To be an Architect: design the world’s greatest development environment, support company transitioning to SOA
- To be a Developer: scale CI pipeline with thousands of daily builds on hundreds of build instances, extend the open source toolchain Fitbit uses in its development process
- To be a Consultant: we work closely with all the feature teams to understand their needs and lend assistance with the infrastructure we have built.
- To be a Leader: We need to be vocal about our experiences to internal teams as well as the outside world through blog posts, presentations and open source contributions.
Who you are:
- 4 + years of hands on experience with Java
- Scripting skills in Python or Ruby or Groovy
- Experience with Linux toolchain
- Understanding of continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, TeamCity
- Good verbal and written English
Would be a plus:
- Experience with Docker or any other containerization solution, Mesos
- Experience in supporting JVM applications
- Experience with Artifactory or Nexus, Ivy
Perks and Benefits:
- Work on Products that are core to Fitbit ecosystem and helping improve people’s lives
- Opportunity to learn from world-class professionals from Fitbit offices across the worlв
- Freedom to develop and deploy efficient, scalable and accessible solutions with a high degree of autonomy
- Transparent and consistent feedback to help you advance your career
- Competitive salary and annual bonus(based on your individual performance goals)
- Top-tier Macbook
- Medical Insurance: Health and Dental
- Free Fitbit devices for you, devices for friends & family with discount
- 26 days vacation + 5 personal days + 1 paid day off on your birthday
- English classes
- Fully-stocked kitchen
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Ingénieur logiciel - FR
Engineering Manager, Infrastructure
MyFitnessPal, Austin, TX
Security Engineer- Incident Response Lead
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Software Engineer - Performance (London)
Yelp, London, UK
Software Engineer, Experimentation Platform
Airbnb, San Francisco, California