Software Development Engineer in Test
Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the advantages of being public, offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and above all have fun doing it.
In our newest Fitbit office in Bucharest, located in the heart of the city, we are planning to build on the foundation laid by the Vector Watch team. We are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
Software Development Engineer in Test
Fitbit is looking for a SDET to join our growing Firmware Test team. We're a passionate team dedicated to health & fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
As a SDET you will help shape the future of test and automation of wearable devices and fitness technology at Fitbit. We’re looking for a proactive engineer who has a passion and proven track record for testing and automating products from concept to delivery.
Some of your top priorities will be:
- Design test specs and create test strategy for new and existing features
- Create, prioritize, and organize test cases into logical suites for both automated and manual execution
- Define test framework requirements and develop modules to automate feature test cases
- Automate test cases using firmware interfaces for functional, performance, and stress tests
- Create automated test tools to reduce manual test execution time
- Utilize APIs for lab hardware in addition to firmware interfaces as part of test case automation
- Execute test cases and report results after initial creation
- Execute and monitor results of automated suites within our CI infrastructure
- Work with other engineers to increase manual and automated test coverage
- Research evolving test and automation trends
- Research new hardware for programmatic use in our testing lab
- Utilize test and development best practices, patterns, and processes within the engineering team
- Mentor junior engineers on testing best practices, patterns and processes
- Work in an Agile test environment
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Proficient in Python, Java, Ruby or equivalent language
- 5+ years of total experience in Testing & Test Automation
- 2+ years experience with firmware or embedded devices
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
Codecademy, New York
Sr. Software Engineer (C#.net, C++, TCP/IP)
thredUP, San Leandro, CA
Staff Big Data Engineer
thredUP, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Platform Team
Fitbit, Belarus - Minsk
IT Support Engineer
Wish, San Jose, California
BarkBox, New York, NY