Software Engineer- iOS
Fitbit, US - Boston
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Our mobile clients are key component of this user experience, they connect the data in our wireless sensor devices to our cloud based data storage backend while also giving users the tools to track their progress, set goals and compete with friends. We are looking for an iOS engineer who is excited to tackle many interesting problems we are actively working on which includes:
- Creating engaging yet computationally efficient interactive data visualizations that are optimized for mobile devices with touch screens. This is an area of user interfaces for which there is no established solution; we aim to set the standard.
- Overcoming the hurdles of distributed systems to build native mobile clients that are tolerant of transient connectivity. We aim for our mobile clients and sensor devices to function together as normally as possible even when there is no connection to the internet.
- Exploiting low power communication technologies to make the internet of things a reality. We have been on leading edge of consumer deployment for both wearable sensors and Bluetooth Low Energy.
- Crafting beautiful mobile user experiences that allow users to intuitively accomplish any task. Our mobile clients are a vital part of the user interface to the Fitbit platform.
Check out our current app on the app store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fitbit/id462638897
- BS in Computer Science plus 2 years relevant experience, or equivalent work experience
- Experience building user interfaces in Objective-C or Swift and Cocoa
- Ability to improve performance via profiling guided optimization
- A strong sense for when refactoring is needed
- Experience using modern version control systems to accomplish release and configuration management
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Desire to work with design and product in order to define requirements
- Ability to communicate professionally
- Experience building connected multi-user social features
- Experience working with databases and working with HTTP APIs
- Experience creating reusable components with elegant, intuitive APIs
- Expertise with Core Animation or other advanced drawing technologies
- Experience collaborating with remote team members
- Experience working closely with product management to ship features in consumer oriented software
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Part Time Front End Web Development Instructor
General Assembly, Atlanta
Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Engineer (Platform)
Demandbase, San Francisco, CA
Application Operations Engineer
Cloudflare, London, United Kingdom
Customer Support Specialist
Greenhouse, New York
Flatiron School, NYC