Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
We’re looking for another copywriter to join our talented, hilarious and hard-working team.
Our goal is to make Fitbit’s mission come to life, to drive company growth, and to elevate both marketshare and mindshare across the globe. It’s a job that combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public, and gives you the chance to leave your mark on one of the most beloved brands out there.
We love what we do and want someone who’s as passionate, motivated and pumped on helping people transform their lives as we are.
For us, the ideal candidate is a collaborative person who wants to create inspiring campaigns, can turn confusing concepts into easy reading and is ready for a fast-paced environment. Someone who can write copy that makes people want to hug us, high-five us or at least hit their step goal. If you can make magic with a bunch of nouns and verbs, pitch a dozen great headlines at the drop of a hat and shift gears quicker than a Nascar driver: we want you.
What you’ll work on:
- Concept ideas and craft copy for a variety of communications, including advertising, interactive media, website, e-mail, social and in-app content
- Maintain brand voice and copy style across all channels
- Guide or edit copy crafted by various teams to ensure it reflects the brand voice
- Take the lead on your own copywriting projects and ensure deadlines and goals are met
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of copywriting experience at an ad agency or consumer lifestyle brand
- Portfolio that demonstrates a proven ability to write fun, motivating and clear copy
- Conceptual and adept at writing both technical and creative content in long and short form
- Highly creative and imaginative with strong written and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, positive and prepared to handle quick deadlines with attention to detail
- Passion for health, diet, fitness and/or anything
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing or Communications
- Flexible stance on the Oxford Comma
- Sense of humor is a must
This is position in our San Francisco office.
Portfolio/samples required for consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Social Media - Editorial (UCAN)
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Business Analyst, Marketing Communications
Pinterest, San Francisco
Training Specialist/Call Center Trainer
Time Inc., Ocala, FL
Channel Manager (Performance Marketing) - Leads (m/w)
Director, Content Development
Twitch, San Francisco/Los Angeles, CA
Strategic Communications Manager
Postmates, San Francisco