Sr Director, Talent, Culture & Engagement
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
We are looking for a dynamic, collaborative leader to provide innovative and custom approaches to employee engagement, culture, and talent management across fitbit globally. We are a 1600+ strong team across 20 countries combining engineering, sales, marketing, operations and support talent to help fitbit fulfill its mission to make everyone healthier.
Reporting to the VP of Global Human Resources, this new role is responsible for the creation of fitbit’s innovative approach to people, culture, and employee engagement strategy and delivery to our global organization. As a key member of the HR leadership team, this people and culture leader will develop the culture strategy and values based initiatives. Your charter includes creating and maintaining a unique and positive experience for our team members. This role will be equal parts strategy and execution. You will partner closely with a wide array of stakeholders from our founders and exec team to our HR Business Partners to develop and implement programs.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to develop and implement culture initiatives to promote a positive culture that will accelerate fitbit’s ability to achieve our mission. Lead a cross functional team to develop the strategy and approach to assessing the current culture. Develop roadmap of actions necessary to both retain as well as adapt the unique culture
- Partner with leaders to design and implement programs to increase employee engagement and achieve outstanding business results through an inspired global workforce
- Lead the learning and development function with a focus on improving management and leadership effectiveness as well as career development and the employee experience overall
- Develop and manage the engagement program in partnership with the executive team to promote the visibility and relatability of our leaders
- Develop a manager engagement strategy to strengthen leadership capability.
- Help fitbit become more purposeful around values and culture fostering an employee experience that makes us a great place to work
- As a member of the HR leadership team, bring your expertise to lead our efforts to create a greater connection for current and prospective employees to fitbit’s unique mission, culture, and optimal employee experience.
- Provide a leadership role in fitbit’s Diversity & Inclusion efforts to enable fitbit to better attract and retain a diverse workforce and implement highly impactful programming.
- Lead the development of a talent philosophy for the company, including what we value, what we measure, and a consistent global process for how we assess, deploy, monitor and retain talent. Introduce innovative and business appropriate talent strategies
- Must have passion for fitbit’s mission and products
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with a proven record of developing and implementing high impact employee engagement, culture, and talent management and learning strategies
- Proven ability to work autonomously while also effectively collaborating in a team environment
- To be successful in this role, this leader must be scrappy, meaning you must be creative, resourceful, hands-on, and dedicated to drive results.
- Excellent organizational and project planning and execution skills; this role requires hands on “doing of the work”
- Culture design and transformation experience
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously and seamlessly adapting to evolving business priorities
- Stellar executive presence
- Strategic leader who thrives in a fast moving, entrepreneurial, start-up type environment
- Leadership development expertise and a high degree of Learning and development acumen
- Process improvement mindset
- Experience implementing large and small scale programs; Driving strategy, planning, execution, and measurement of large-scale internal efforts
- Change management expertise
- Heavy bias toward business orientation in the approach to this work
- Have fun collaborating on critical projects with other smart, creative people who care about their work, are open to new ideas, and take pride in creating a positive workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Dropbox, Herzliya, Israel
HR Business Partner (HRBP)
Sailthru, New York
Luxury Retreats - Recruitment Coordinator (contract)
Airbnb, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Senior Technical Recruiting Manager
Quartet, New York, NY
Oscar, New York
Glossier, New York, NY