Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
Fitbit, US - Boston
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
Fitbit is looking for a Sr. Embedded Software Engineer to join our growing team. As a Sr. Embedded Software Engineer at Fitbit, you will have the opportunity to work on different parts of the embedded stack, from device drivers up to the UI. We're a passionate team dedicated to health & fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. Our Engineers work on new product development from day one, working cross functionally with many other engineering organizations. With a well-rounded profile, Embedded Software Engineers at Fitbit have the freedom and flexibility to work on the technologies that truly interest them. Our Firmware Engineering team is highly collaborative, with all members making a large impact, regardless of seniority. We're looking for people who are excited about health and technology, and how these together can make a difference in people's everyday lives.
The Sr. Embedded Software Engineer at Fitbit is a generalist who may work on the whole stack, from hardware support and board bring-up, through the operating system and communications and up to the application and user interface.
As a Sr. Embedded software engineer, you will take on challenges in areas that may include:
- Develop and enable new product features in embedded software
- Write drivers and support for hardware / peripherals
- Design and implement system technologies, such as data management and transport
- Create user interfaces, collaborating with our UI/UX designers
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or comparable skill
- 5+ years professional experience working in RTOS (or embedded Linux) and bare metal environments
- Proven strong C development and software architecture skills
- Proven strong understanding of software design - technology, methods and approaches
- In-depth experience with one or more functional areas such as:
- Communications: Bluetooth, Bluetooth LE, WLAN (802.11b/g/n/ac), NFC, LTE
- User interfaces for embedded devices: graphics/windowing SDKs, fonts, haptic interfaces, internationalization and localization, LED control
- Platforms: operating systems, system services, BSPs and drivers
- Multimedia: audio, voice, music and/or video development in embedded products
- Sensors and signal processing: sensor data acquisition, conditioning, filtering, and processing, algorithm integration and optimization
- Experience with hardware debug and ultra low power / ultra small footprint software design is preferred
- Technical leadership of embedded software development teams
- Mentoring interns and recent graduates in industry best practices
- Systems engineering skills for embedded software and hardware
- Embedded software product line engineering techniques
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Front End Developers - Online Store Editor
iOS - Senior and Principal Level Engineers
TripAdvisor, Ottawa, ON
Technical Solutions Architect
Schoology, Austin, TX
Software Engineer - Full Stack
Dropbox, Herzliya, Israel
Twitch, San Francisco, California
TripAdvisor, Sydney, Australia