Sr. Embedded Software Productivity Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Diego , US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit is looking for a Sr. Firmware Productivity Engineer to join our growing team. As a Sr. Firmware Productivity Engineer, you will have impacts on all the firmware development done at Fitbit which encompass any software running on our devices, both released and upcoming. You will be responsible for enhancing our existing tools, processes and infrastructure which the firmware team will use every day in their development cycles. Your technical contributions will improve the ability of our Firmware Engineering team to ship high-quality products. We strive to empower every firmware engineer with the flexibility and freedom to work on the technologies and tools that truly interest them. Our Firmware Engineering team is highly collaborative, with all members making a large impact, regardless of seniority. We're looking for people who are excited about health and technology, and how these together can make a difference in people's everyday lives.
What You'll Work On:
- Discover opportunities to improve productivity of our firmware developers
- Listen to developers and help to remove their impediments
- Support the firmware organization as it brings systems from evaluation and prototyping through deployment and maintenance
- Research and implement measures to gauge developer productivity
- Develop and deploy processes, tools, and supporting infrastructure
- Organize and guide the existing developer efforts around engineering processes and tools
- Share best practices with the developer productivity teams in other engineering groups within Fitbit
Who You Are:
- Knowledge and proficiency in a variety of scripting and programming languages (including Python, Makefile, and C/C++)
- Effective and adaptable communicator and mediator
- Expertise in source code management, build systems, continuous integration systems
- 5+ years professional experience as a software developer, development operations, or release engineer
- Experience with a variety of development processes and tools
- Experience in developing and maintaining custom tools for embedded developer workflows
- Technical leadership of software development teams
- Embedded software product line engineering techniques
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Site Reliability Engineer
Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
Dataminr, New York
Software Engineer, C++/Qt
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Senior Software Development Engineer, Data, Placed
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Warby Parker, New York, NY