Director, Brand Marketing, Health and Fitness
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The Brand Marketing Director is responsible for leading brand explorations for consumer health, driving positioning and communications strategy across consumer segments, and reinforcing brand equity at each consumer touchpoint. This person will lead a team to execute high impact creative in advertising and deepen our connection with consumers wherever we interact.
In this role, you will be a leader of a team, an advocate for the brand vision, and an expert in brand marketing that delivers on quality content.
You must have brand management expertise, experience in consumer health, as well as experience leading a team. This role currently reports into the Vice President of Brand Marketing in San Francisco.
- Lead initiatives to expand the brand to new segments and new businesses. Work with internal creative as well as branding agencies to define relevant look, feel, and messaging for expansion markets like consumer health.
- Drive the communications strategy and optimize messaging across targets. Understand core audience and define sub segments. Own refinement of communications by target.
- Lead Brand campaigns such as Fitbit Stories, Fit for Good, New Year New You and other campaigns that enhance the equity of the Fitbit brand.
- Protect brand consistency and adherence to objectives across consumer touchpoints
- Own claims strategy to develop harder hitting, consumer relevant claims and execute on claims messaging strategy
- Partner with Health Solutions on customer facing initiatives to expand Fitbit’s position in the health industry
- Partner with Product Marketing on strategies for in-market products
- Partner with Platforms team to develop web and promotional campaigns that align with brand and objectives
- Lead a cross functional team responsible for driving Fitbit’s voice across advertising and owned properties
- Measure brand performance against KPIs
- Minimum of 8 years working in Marketing and Brand Management
- Significant experience developing brand positioning and creative
- Experience managing and leading cross functional marketing teams and creative agencies
- Experience tracking marketing performance metrics and KPIs
- Track record of driving exceptional campaign results
- Analytical and creative; candidate should be proficient at turning quantitative research and analytics into marketing action
- Global and TV media experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written to clearly convey brand positioning, strategies, tactics, rationale and results, to peers, agency and “C-suite” audiences
- Enjoy and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Background in consumer health
- Passion and knowledge of the fitness category
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Marketing Intern (Social Media & Video)
Coordinator, Marketing Legal
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Carrot Creative, Brooklyn, New York
Communications & Multimedia Internship
Product Marketing Lead
Venmo, New York
SEM Specialist - Join a fast growing team!