Director, Product Marketing, Health
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The Product Marketing Director is responsible for leading brand explorations for consumer health, driving positioning and communications strategy across consumer segments, and reinforcing brand equity at each consumer touch point. This person will lead a team to execute high impact creative in advertising and deepen our connection with consumers wherever we interact.
In this role, you will be a leader of a team, an advocate for the brand vision, and an expert in brand marketing that delivers on quality content.
You must have brand management expertise, experience in consumer health, as well as experience leading a team. This role currently reports into the Vice President of Product Marketing in San Francisco.
- Lead initiatives to expand the brand to new segments and new businesses. Work with internal creative as well as branding agencies to define relevant look, feel, and messaging for expansion markets like consumer health.
- Launch new products in the consummer health space. Be the voice of the consumer and the business throughout the new product development process. Put together go to market plan and drive launch of product and services.
- Drive the communications strategy and optimize messaging across targets. Understand core audience and define sub segments. Own refinement of communications by target.
- Own claims strategy to develop harder hitting, consumer relevant claims and execute on claims messaging strategy.
- Partner with Health Solutions on customer facing initiatives to expand Fitbit’s position in the health industry.
- Lead a cross functional team responsible for driving Fitbit’s voice across advertising and owned properties for health.
- Minimum of 8 years working in Product Marketing and/or Brand Management
- Significant experience developing brand positioning and creative
- Experience launching new products, including working with development teams and creating campaigns to bring new products to market
- Experience managing creative agencies and track record of driving exceptional campaign results
- Experience tracking marketing performance metrics and KPIs
- Analytical and creative; candidate should be proficient at turning quantitative research and analytics into marketing action
- Global and TV media experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of cross functional teams including engineering, sales, product, PR, etc.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written to clearly convey brand positioning, strategies, tactics, rationale and results, to peers, agency and “C-suite” audiences
- Enjoy and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Background in consumer health
- Passion and knowledge of the fitness category
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Originals Series Publicity - UCAN
Netflix, New York, New York
Social Media Manager
Seller Policy Management Specialist
Coupang, Seoul (HQ)
Digital Marketing and Operations Associate
MuleSoft, San Francisco
Bike Mechanic (Casual)
Specialized, Melbourne, Australia
Photo Retoucher - Freelance
Gwynnie Bee, Anywhere