Sr Manager, Transfer Pricing
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly-traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public—offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like free lunches, Friday happy hours, on-site fitness classes and more. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is made up of three modern buildings located at the heart of SOMA in San Francisco. Monday-Friday you can feast your eyes on amazing views of the skyline, then feast yourself on some of the city’s best food trucks, lunch spots and coffee shops. When you’ve had your fill, lace up and make your way to the Ferry Building for the perfect post-work run or walk along the water (with the Bay Bridge as your backdrop)!
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
We are looking for a Sr. Tax Manager to manage all aspects of our transfer pricing policies and procedures. This position will develop and execute all aspects of setting, implementing, maintaining, testing, and defending the transfer pricing policies and procedures. Reporting to the Director of International Tax, this position will collaborate with internal stakeholders cross-functionally and manage outside tax advisors, providing world class transfer pricing advice on a variety of international transfer pricing matters.
You will identify all intercompany relationships within the Fitbit group of companies, and develop supporting documentation and quantitative analysis to support all of Fitbit’s intercompany transaction pricing.
- Identify intercompany relationships, and key economic drivers.
- Manage the entire process of intercompany transactions and applicable transfer pricing, including preparing documentation, defending transfer pricing in audits, developing tax planning approaches, interfacing with the tax reporting and compliance teams to reflect appropriate transfer pricing in financial accounts and tax returns.
- Effectively apply complex transfer pricing concepts and economic/financial knowledge to identified intercompany transactions.
- Responsibility for creating and running quantitative analytical financial models to support internal pricing for global intercompany transactions.
- Support the implementation of BEPS initiatives, particularly CbC reporting.
- Provide transfer pricing advice to local country finance and accounting teams and provide support on local country audits.
- Lead in the valuation of acquired intangible assets and associated platform contribution transaction analysis
- Develop global transfer pricing policies and procedures.
- Identify tax planning initiatives.
- Coordinate work with internal cross-functional team members and manage outside tax consultants.
- Train, develop and motivate employees.
- From 7 to 12 years in a Big 4 accounting firm or law firm, and/or large public company with direct experience with transfer pricing.
- Bachelors, Masters or Ph. D in business, finance, economics, management, policy analysis or other quantitative field.
- CPA, JD, CFA, CMA or similar professional accreditation preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to successfully direct the completion of complex transfer pricing tasks and research projects.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Ability to manage and develop employees
- Working knowledge of transfer pricing laws and regulations under Section 482 of the Internal Revenue Code.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Global Payroll Manager
Staff Accountant - Cash and Collections
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Senior Finance Systems Analyst, Anaplan
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Counsel, Media & Technology - Hardware & Technology Transactions
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA