Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer - Taiwan
Fitbit, Taiwan - Remote
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 - as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto!
Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and - above all - have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
What you'll do:
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join our growing Design Center in Taipei. In this role, you will work with our local and wider teams based in US to drive all aspects of the mechanical design of our products. You will work closely within a cross-functional team to design the mechanical components of Fitbit products to ensure mechanical robustness, function, manufacturability, time to market, and cost goals are met. You will drive decision making amidst ambiguity and competing priorities in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. You will have the opportunity to make an impact on the products we develop and have ownership of our most challenging engineering problems.
What you’ll work on:
- Integrate with cross-functional teams to create high quality products that delight our customers.
- Work with ID to assess product features for manufacturability and recommend capable processes, equipment,
- Contribute to the development of the mechanical product
- Detailed design of mechanical components, including complex assemblies and sub-systems.
- Conduct rapid feasibility studies to design for optimal mechanical robustness, schedule, and cost.
- Identify and execute on analysis (FEA, TA, etc.) for predictable and successful system builds.
- Oversee internal and external
- Conduct early DOE studies and present
- Facilitate the appropriate use of design
- Ensure thorough documentation of studies and design
- Work directly with part suppliers on DFM, tooling kick-off, tool bring-up, and tool/part qualification.
- Collaborate with engineering and manufacturing teams to qualify tooling and define visual quality requirements.
- Work directly with our ODM/CM/JDM partners in support of system assembly build activities.
- Lead root cause analysis and corrective action implementation as a result of build issues and reliability testing.
Who you are:
- BS in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, related discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience working in close collaboration with a US or European based
- 5+ years of designing consumer oriented products using a broad range of processes and materials, with an emphasis on highly cosmetic plastic/elastomer molding and metal parts (sheet metal, CNC, MIM, ).
- 5+ years of experience working with Asian suppliers and ODM/CM/JDM partners, specifically designing and ramping high volume parts and
- Expertise in the development and integration of electro-mechanical components, such as display assemblies, batteries, and
- Experience in the areas of Tolerance Analysis, Statistical Analysis, Design of Experiments, FEA, Thermal Design, DFMEA, DFA,
- Expertise in 3D MCAD, Creo
- Highly motivated to teach, learn, and
- An ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering
- Domestic and international travel up to 25%.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
IT Generalist - AV Support
Checkr, San Francisco
Sr. Engineering Program Manager, Platform
Box, Redwood City, CA
Red Ventures, São Paulo, Brazil
Services Solutions Consultant - Central
Box, Chicago, IL
Full Stack Software Engineer
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Software Engineer - API
Twilio, San Francisco, CA