Sr. Public Relations Manager-Product
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
- Focus on products that fall into performance, active and smartwatch categories
- Develop and execute comprehensive communications/PR and thought leadership plans around new products to align with key marketing initiatives and business objectives, and drive positive coverage
- Help drive product PR needs centered around these products including plan development, messaging, releases, pitches, media relations pitching and support
- Also drive media strategy and creative programs/events around athletes/influencers/ambassadors to create buzz and excitement around products, working closely with influencer/events team
- Help to drive additional creative media pitches, source material from Fitbit, pitch/own with top tier sports/fitness and key tech press and work with agency to pitch as well
- Use strong writing and communication skills to help develop creative messaging, statements, releases, pitches and various other written communications
- Work closely with PR head, other product/marketing team members in the U.S. and around the globe; leverage external PR agency resources Help drive and support key tradeshows/events
- Engage in overall PR execution, helping to manage internal and external resources to timeline, budget and top results
- Minimum of 8+ years of progressive PR experience in consumer technology, fitness or sports related industries with experience in wearables/smartwatches and fitness/health mobile apps is a must have; with a focus on technology to enhance health and fitness to tell creative stories
- Strong media relations skills and relationships with health/fitness, endurance/performance, and consumer tech press; creativity in telling a great story to influence perceptions, change minds and drive the Fitbit story beyond hardware/software placements
- Experience working with influencers/ambassadors and driving media coverage through creative programs or events
- Intellectual curiosity, drive; self-starter
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills; experience writing/editing press releases, speeches, pitches, plans, presentations, etc.
- Detail-oriented, comfort working in a very fast-paced environment; ability to keep calm under pressure, problem solve and be very proactive
- Ability to partner effectively, collaborate and influence across an organization; experience working with global companies and helping to drive cohesive messaging
- Tradeshow/event experience
- Interest and passion for health/fitness
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Digital Marketer
HTML Email Developer
HelloFresh, New York, NY
Marketing Operations Manager
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Red Antler, Brooklyn
Awards & Events Manager, Visual Communications - Series
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Coursera, Mountain View, CA