Mechanical Process Engineer - Shenzhen China
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
- Provide end to end manufacturing and process solutions for key design features. This includes incorporating all aspects of equipment, consumables, key parameters and process set-up and qualification.
- Support the development of new mechanical part manufacturing processes.
- Work with Mechanical Commodity Managers to identify capable suppliers, assess their secondary processes for capacity, quality and cost.
- Review supplier tool design, process flow, equipment selection, DFM, and DOE proposals.
- Provide tooling architecture feedback for mechanical parts and drive preferred tooling architecture with the suppliers.
- Work with suppliers to define and refine tooling, fixtures and establish capability.
- Audit supplier processes and assembly processes.
- Support product phase builds from proto, EVT, DVT, PVT and MP ramp.
- Review progress of development activities at supplier locations and serve as point of escalation for critical process related issues.
- Work with Fitbit suppliers to assign specific tasks and to support process development and/or data gathering activities. Set clear goals for results and provide timely reviews of performance throughout program.
- Implement validation procedures to determine acceptance of tooling into development builds as well as mass production
- Responsible for root cause analysis and corrective action plan implementation.
- 5+ years experience in mold making or mold industry, specifically for the development of consumer oriented products using a broad range of processes and materials, with an emphasis on highly cosmetic plastic/elastomer molding and metal parts (sheet metal, CNC, MIM, etc.).
- 5+ years experience working in close collaboration with a US or European based company.
- 5+ years of experience working onsite with Asian suppliers and ODM/CM/JDM partners, specifically supporting NPI and ramp efforts for high volume parts and assemblies.
- Solid understanding of DOE (Six Sigma experience preferred), SPC techniques.
- Expertise in developing plastic processing parameters.
- Expertise in managing complex development programs.
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling, preferably Creo.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills. Mandarin a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Workday Configuration Analyst
Time Inc., Tampa, FL
TripAdvisor, Boston, MA
Developer Acceleration - Mobile Tooling Developer
Director of Engineering - Hamburg Site Lead
Yelp, Hamburg, Germany
Pinterest, San Francisco
Full Stack Engineer