Tech Lead, Security Feature Team
Fitbit, Bucharest, Romania
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the advantages of being public, offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and above all have fun doing it.
In our newest Fitbit office in Bucharest, located in the heart of the city, we are planning to build on the foundation laid by the Vector Watch team. We are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
About the role
Fitbit’s security feature focuses on improving customer security by developing reusable software components and security-sensitive functionality. The team works closely with the Fitbit security team to help ensure that our data and our customer's data remain safe.
We aim to achieve this by looking for innovative solutions that allow the business to deliver at scale and velocity. We also like to try and have a little fun along the way.
- Develop Customer-Facing Security Features
- Session management
- Fraud detection
- Authentication and login
- Account management
- Modern security controls (HSTS / CORS / CSP / etc.)
- Develop Tooling to Help Foster Safe Development
- Lint checkers and other source code analysis tools
- Fraud and abuse detection
- Automated security testing
- Escalate issues with the relevant teams per Fitbit's processes
- Lead a Team of Developers
- Lead a team of security-minded developers
- Provide technical leadership across the entire Fitbit development community with regards to best practices
- Identify Opportunities for Improvement
- Assist the information security team to identify better ways of achieving their mission
Characteristics of a Good Applicant
- Experience in a variety of software development environments and knowledge of how to develop components that are reusable by other feature and component teams
- Experience with test-driven development and other agile practices
- Broad knowledge of all areas of information technology including networking, operating systems and ideally application development
- Aspires to develop a deep understanding of information security
- Experience as a system administrator or security engineer
- Solves problems through scripting and automation
- Willing to learn new things
- Willing to look at for innovative or non-standard solutions to problems
- Good sense of humor
- Calm under pressure
- Good time management skills
Skills, experience and knowledge that this team will rely on
- Backend Development
- Front End Development
- Operating system basics
- Systems administration skills
- Understanding of how databases operate
- Understanding of the way that agile development shops operate
- Core network protocols such as TCP, UDP, DNS, HTTP, TLS
- Linux process and system monitoring facilities
- Basic log file analysis
Excellent candidates might have done some of the following.
- Have a strong development background
- Worked in product security in the past, especially if they have worked on features like
- MFA (Multi-factor Authentication)
- HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport)
- CSP (Content Security Policy)
- SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language)
- Risk-based Authentication
- Source code review
- Worked in information security generally in the past
- Had incident response experience
- Developed tooling to automate information security tasks
- Have a wide knowledge from diverse parts of IT
- Worked on open source security projects
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Firmware Engineer - New Grad
Fitbit, US - San Francisco, San Diego, Boston
Technical Product Manager
TALA, Santa Monica
Peloton, New York, NY
IT Network Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.
Ruby Backend Developer
Piktochart, Penang, Malaysia
Software Development Staff Engineer (Req # 212)
SonicWall, Santa Clara