Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
- Research and write original help content and user manuals for new feature and product releases. Ensure that content is relevant, findable, accurate, and anticipates our customers’ support needs.
- Manage the full documentation lifecycle, from planning and drafting through delivery and governance.
- Identify and drive initiatives that measurably increase customers’ success rate of finding solutions.
- Determine quarterly key performance indicators and data-driven ways to measure success.
- Effectively prioritize content requests.
- Follow style and editorial guidelines to create quality content.
- At least 4 years’ experience as a technical writer or technical content developer; this is not an entry-level position or a marketing role
- Portfolio that shows both your ability to explain difficult concepts and your skill at creating easy-to-follow, comprehensive procedures; provide a link to your portfolio with your application
- Excellent analytical and research capabilities
- Proficiency with basic HTML and XML
- Comfort editing the writing of others as well as receiving feedback on your own writing
- Interest in consumer electronics, health, and wellness
- Experience with writing for localization a plus
- Experience with help authoring tools
- Experience with graphic design a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.