Senior Developer Evangelist
Fitbit, US - San Francisco, US - Boston
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
Fitbit is seeking an enthusiastic Developer Evangelist to help spread the word about our new development platform, expand our existing team, and to help grow our global developer community.
About the company:
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
We are looking for an outgoing and enthusiastic evangelist who is eager to promote and deliver a world class developer experience for Fitbit. You will be working alongside an international team of dedicated colleagues who have a common goal to help people lead healthier lives. As an evangelist you will be responsible for promoting our development platform, and empowering our developer community.
What You’ll Work On:
- See each developer as a customer, and sell them on the development offering, experience & vision.
- Organize, attend and speak at developer conferences, meetups, hackathons and partner summits to facilitate technology learning and optimized implementations.
- Community building, relationship building and engagement, both in person, and online via forums, Slack and other channels.
- Act as the liaison between internal product and engineering teams to external 3rd party developers.
- Streamline the app review and publishing process to help accelerate app availability.
- Content creation for the Fitbit developer blog and social media.
- Provide development support for partners and 3rd party developers.
- Centralize developer feedback and work with product owners to prioritize developer feature requests.
Who you are:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that bridge the gap between software engineering and user experiences.
- Comfortable guiding a conversation from aspects of the Cypress PSoC line to the newest Arduino over drinks at a happy hour.
- Experience with both event coordination and keynote speaker presentations. You’ll build the stage yourself if you have to!
- At least one good story about when a tech demo you were giving was going the way of the ‘blue screen of death’ and how you saved the day.
- Able to tease out the rambling and sometimes long winded questions of a nervous engineer during a Q/A session, quickly decipher the question’s intent, summarize said question, and answer without dropping a beat.
- Experience with mobile/wearable/web/IOT development technologies. If you’ve touched all within this space, you’ve come to the right job description!
- Flexibility in regards to work schedule and travel. Giving a morning presentation at an MIT Hackathon followed by a tech demo the next day in London energizes you!
- Your passion for technology goes beyond Fitbit. You believe globally we are building the foundations that will take us to Mars in your lifetime!
- A passion for health / fitness products, technologies & platforms. You see the potential of technology to help us live happy, healthy & fit lives!
Nice to Have Skills & Traits:
- An innate ability to hone in on any attendee’s top 5 Netflix “shows to binge watch”.
- Unwinding means firing up your preferred development platform and making something.
- Items often found in your Amazon shopping cart: 3D printer filament, Solder & hardware development kits.
- Episodes of ‘Mythbusters’ can still be found on your DVR.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Product Manager (Personalization Platform)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager - Restaurant Experience
Yelp, Pittsburgh, PA
Sr. Product Manager (Social Experiences)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Senior UI Engineer - Ads Personalization
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Product Manager, Growth
TripAdvisor, San Francisco