Principal Audio Software Development Engineer in Test
Fitbit, US - Boston
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The Principal Audio SDET is a hands-on engineering position with technical and personnel leadership. You’ll work with a top-notch development team and lead the automation of audio subsystems in current and future Fitbit devices. You’ll define the overall strategy for automated testing of audio software, firmware, and algorithms.
What you'll work on:
- Design test specs and create test strategy for new and existing features
- Create, prioritize, and organize test cases into logical suites for both automated and manual execution
- Define test framework requirements and develop modules to automate feature test cases
- Automate test cases using firmware interfaces for functional, performance, and stress tests
- Create automated test tools to reduce manual test execution time
- Utilize APIs for lab hardware in addition to firmware interfaces as part of test case automation
- Execute and monitor results of automated suites within our CI infrastructure
- Work with other engineers to increase manual and automated test coverage
- Research evolving test and automation trends and new hardware for programmatic use in our testing lab
- Utilize test and development best practices, patterns, and processes within the engineering team
- Mentor junior engineers on testing best practices, patterns and processes
- Work in an Agile test environment
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Proficient in Python, Java, Ruby or equivalent language
- 8+ years of total experience in Testing & Test Automation
- 2+ years experience with firmware or embedded devices
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.