Principal Software Engineer in Test
Fitbit, US - Boston
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit is looking for a Principal Software Engineer in Test to join our growing Firmware Test team. We're a passionate team dedicated to health & fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
As a Principal Software Engineer in Test in the Firmware Platform team, you will help shape the future of test and automation of wearable devices and fitness technology at Fitbit. We’re looking for a seasoned, proactive engineer who has a passion and proven track record for testing and automating products from concept to delivery.
What you'll work on:
- Design test specs and create test strategy for new and existing features of Fitbit OS.
- Define test framework requirements and develop modules to automate feature test cases
- Deploy reliable automated test cases in our CI infrastructure
- Automate test cases using firmware interfaces for functional, performance, and stress tests
- Utilize APIs for lab hardware in addition to firmware interfaces as part of test case automation
- Research evolving test and automation trends
- Research new hardware for programmatic use in our testing lab
- Utilize test and development best practices, patterns, and processes within the engineering team
- Mentor and lead junior/senior engineers on testing best practices, patterns and processes
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Proven strong understanding of Python
- Recognized leadership and mentorship in the field of Test Automation
- 8+ years of total experience in Testing & Test Automation
- 6+ years experience with firmware or embedded devices
- Understanding of operating system fundamentals
- Experience with embedded Audio automation
- Experience with embedded communications (e.g. WiFi, Bluetooth)
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools and practices
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Teads, Montpellier, Paris
Software Engineer, Android (China)
Airbnb, Beijing, China
Technical Program Manager, Software
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Data Platform Engineer
TALA, Santa Monica
Grain Analytics Manager
Indigo, Memphis, TN
Staff Software Engineer, Front End - Web App
Box, Redwood City, CA