Senior Software Engineer - Platform Team
Fitbit, Belarus - Minsk
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
We build the core service platform for all of Corporate Wellness products and services: devices in the field, web applications and mobile applications. Every improvement affects millions of customers in every area. We spend our time thinking about scalability, reliability, security and performance.
We support other Fitbit teams in solving their most interesting challenges. We evolve core site components, such as databases and cache access libraries and metric collection frameworks, and evaluate alternate platforms, libraries and technologies.
We are looking for a bright software engineer to work in our Minsk office. You should be an experienced professional who enjoys digging around to understand how things work at a low level, while retaining a coherent view of the overall system architecture.
What you’ll work on:
- Participate in creating architecture for new microservices (widely used across company)
- Solve real-live problems of application with millions of users
- Performance & Scalability analysis and optimisation
- Work with cutting-edge technologies (Kafka, Finagle, Mesos, NoSQL)
Who you are:
- You have vast experience working with Java
- Expertise in JEE, Hibernate, Spring, RDBMS
- Linux power user
- BS / MS Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Advanced English
Would be a plus:
- Experience with other technologies and/or languages (Python, Ruby)
- Experience with Cassandra / NoSQL
- Product-oriented, innovative, curious and creative, find solution to any problem
Perks & Benefits:
- Work on Products that are core to Fitbit ecosystem and helping improve people’s lives
- Opportunity to learn from world-class professionals from Fitbit offices across the worlв
- Freedom to develop and deploy efficient, scalable and accessible solutions with a high degree of autonomy
- Transparent and consistent feedback to help you advance your career
- Competitive salary and annual bonus(based on your individual performance goals)
- Top-tier Macbook
- Medical Insurance: Health and Dental
- Free Fitbit devices for you, devices for friends & family with discount
- 26 days vacation + 5 personal days + 1 paid day off on your birthday
- English classes
- Fully-stocked kitchen
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
Wish, San Francisco, United States
ThirdLove, Cordoba, Argentina
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Software Engineer, Developer Tools
Pinterest, San Francisco
Software Engineer - Betterment For Business
Betterment, Betterment HQ - New York City