Portfolio Program Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Want to hear a bit more about what we’re up to at Fitbit? Check out the engineering blog: https://eng.fitbit.com/.
The Portfolio Program Manager is part of Fitbit Program Management Office (PMO) who directly works with Fitbit’s executives and leadership team to manage the company’s product initiatives. This position is responsible for leading a portfolio of projects working with key stakeholders from business and engineering to deliver key projects to support Fitbit growing business. The Portfolio Manager is responsible for the following key aspects: provides overall direction, oversight and active management of the portfolio of projects in support of the strategic objectives and ensures alignment with all cross functional teams.
What You’ll Work On:
- Manage portfolio for business units, define overall program roadmap and individual project plans, identifying key milestones as part of product development lifecycle
- Lead exercises in planning and tracking to ensure timely and accurate resource allocation reporting
- Ensure alignment to organizational intake, prioritization, allocation, and delivery frameworks. Influence adoption and positive change in others with respect to delivery, portfolio, and program management, while balancing and adapting instructions to have the largest value-adding impact
- Lead the weekly portfolio review
- Establish metrics, KPIs, and track progress & dependencies
- Summarize and report out on overall roadmap and portfolio, including status of key priorities, upcoming asks and scoping, capacity management, and portfolio risks/issues/tradeoffs
Who you are:
- Tracking records of leading major Programs/Projects in a complex, corporate setting
- Program management and SDLC lifecycle experience, waterfall and agile methodologies
- Demonstrate good broad working knowledge of support organizations and culture
- Must be a self-starter, motivated individual who works well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to drive collaboration with executives, business and technical teams to achieve effective solutions
- Comfortable building cross-functional relationships
- Effective communication skills with all levels of management
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment and open to new concepts and/or processes
- Conflict resolution and negotiations skills to resolve disagreements quickly and effectively, bringing a problem-solving attitude to conflicting approaches and priorities involving others
- Ability to think strategically
- Agile coaching experience in leading organizational agile transformation
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience, including Release Train Engineer, Leading SAFe implementation, Lean Portfolio Management, SAFe certification.
- Experience in working with C-suite stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and executive facilitation.
- Experience in portfolio management, including strategy, finance, and value stream management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Backend-utvecklare - Var med och förnya Lendo!
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
Web Software Developer
Full Stack Developer
Associate Manager - Technology Production Services
Taco Bell, Irvine
Senior Software Engineer
LiveRamp, New York City, NY