UX Design Manager, Mobile
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
UX Design Manager
Fitbit is looking for an exceptionally talented UX Design Manager to join our UX Design and Research team, a highly collaborative and supportive team focused on understanding users first and leading through design. This role will require a strategic mind, great collaboration with other team leaders, and strong communication with executives and other key stakeholders. Qualified candidates will have a strong foundation in design process and design strategy.
What You’ll Work On:
As a UX / Product Design Manager at Fitbit, you will be responsible for guiding and inspiring a design team to create engaging experiences for our users across multiple platforms. You will be a thought leader in design at Fitbit and within the community, and drive innovation for our products alongside product, research and engineering leaders.
This position requires a proven track record of leading product design teams and experience designing innovative digital consumer products from inception to launch.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Deep experience in the field of design and design leadership
- 8+ years designing and delivering interactive experiences across a range of platforms
- 2+ years leading teams responsible for digital product design in the consumer technology industry
- Ability to work with business and engineering leaders to define and execute a strategy for our emerging service business unit
- Expertise in user-centered design methods
- Great communicator (verbal, written, and visual)
- Exceptional collaborator with product management, engineering, user research, content team and all facets of design to ensure a smooth product development process
- Incredible design skills and product sense that inspire the teams you lead
- BA/BS or MA/MS in a relevant design field, or equivalent professional experience
- Passion for Fitbit’s mission
- Experience designing interfaces for a health and/or service company
- Experience working with a design strategy firm or consultancy
- Experience working on wearable or health devices
Candidates must share a portfolio to be considered for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.